Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Conditioning a puppy
 dogloverxx
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/30/2015 4:38:13 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post   

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've played this game so I've bought a few dogs to get back into the swing of things.
How do I session a puppy's condition? I remember I can't feed the dog the condition food as it is adult food.
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 7:36:08 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Can't session condition, it goes up based on the food. If you buy a pup from a premium kennel you can request that they put the pup on high puppy food before selling, otherwise Super Duper puppy is your best bet as a basic.
 Regal Storm
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 7:41:57 AM reply with quote send message to Regal Storm Object to Post

First off, welcome back! It's great to see a returning player. Condition is generally affected by the type of food you feed and will gradually go up over time. As a puppy there are only three foods made specifically for them: Old Boy Puppy Formula, Pet House For Puppies, and Super Duper Puppy Formula. As a general rule the more expensive the food the better it is for the condition of your dog. So in this case, the Super Duper Puppy Formula at $2.50 is your best bet. When your puppy reaches 14 days you need to change them on to an adult food. I know most players use Top Dog Condition Formula at this point. If you are a premium member you can even create your own foods for your dogs, but they are often very expensive.

Hope this helps. If I am wrong about any of this, someone please correct me.
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 8:10:11 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

Thank you both for your replies.

For premiums, I seem to remember the custom ration 1777 was best for dogs being prepared for the show ring then afterwards, the most cost-effective food was 'Pet House for Adult dogs' as a rule of thumb.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 10:07:52 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Yup, 1777 is the best premium formula to get your dogs sessioned for the ring. It's high on everything except for medicine which has been proven to do nothing lol.

Old Boy is actually the cheapest food, but it makes your dog's condition go down. Pet House raises the condition slowly, which is handy because if you have a litter and the brood's condition is high the pups will start off with higher condition as well. So yes, most people use Pet House as the most cost-effective food. happy :)
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 10:23:38 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

Thanks for jogging my memory about the effects of Old Boy happy :)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 10:30:38 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

No problem! happy :) And welcome back, I remember you being around when I was just starting I think. laugh :D
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 10:53:00 AM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

I remembered you when I was scrolling around in the forums when I came back. Nice to have remembered you too wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler