Search

.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 16

Author Topic : Drakes Digital Drawings
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/30/2015 11:37:42 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post   

Hello all, the other thread was getting too long so I’m placing it up fresh. So here’s the deal, I could really use extra funds and my nights are wide open time wise again. I’d really like something other than video games to do in the evening, so shoot me some orders. happy :) I will do my utmost to get these done and to you in only one or two nights, except on the weekends.

I will draw any breed of dog or any animal for that matter, even extinct and fantasy creatures. I actually specialize in fantasy.
I will however not draw any humans or humanoids. Please don’t request these.

I'm still an amateur, but I’m trying to improve, so I’m constantly tweaking my coloring/texturing methods. Note that noting I draw looks completely realistic, but is stylized specific to my style. I will be trying some new techniques this time around also.

Form: *leave any fields that don’t apply blank* be as specific as possible.

Animal(s):
Pose: Color(s): *Specify patterns and if there is more than one animal be a specific as possible *
Color style***Do you want it colored Detailed, simplistically, or in between. ***
Eye Color(s):
Text: * if you would like it you must be a specific as possible, I'll need positioning, colors, size the whole works. Leave this off if it doesn’t apply*
Background:**** The free background types are; None, modified photo, simple brushed, and solid color. If you want something more complex you pay extra depending on the complexity)
Other:*Write things that don't fit into the other fields here, or attach picture(s) if you want*

These are:
$300 for large art, and there will be a charge of $200 for each additional animal after the first (no limit on the number but anything over three will incur additional charges for sheer scale)
$200 for medium art, and there will be a charge of $100 for each additional animal after the first (there is a limit of three)
$100 for small art you are limited to one subject for small art

The sizes are as follows:
Small= at least 300 pixels in both directions up to 500 pixels
Medium= at least 600 pixels in both directions up to 900 pixels
Large= 1080p, maybe a bit more but not by too much
Custom larger sizes can be requested at a price

This is for a regular drawing of any animal or multiple animals together; you don't need to include photos unless you want your own pet drawn. Pose in the picture is not important; I can visualize almost any pose from a single picture.)

Be as specific as you can. It helps me out a lot, and makes it more probable that you will actually like what I make, and prevents you from finding out how screwball my imagination can be wink ;). In other words; be vague at your own risk :P you never know what I might come up with if you don’t. wink ;)

I will offer unlimited edits free of charge, because I’m not professional by any means and I aim to please happy :) Also, don’t pay until I have completed the art.

Note: I will be tentative with edits from here on out as I was burned by the person I last did art for; not naming any names, but they were pleased with the initial work, only to ask for major changes after the fact. I don't mind fixing obvious faults or quick changes, but asking for unreasonable changes and redraws is where I must draw the line. I may offer a redo if I feel the work I turned in was subpar and a redo is warranted, but if one changes breeds after I complete the work, I still expect to be paid for the work that was completed. I don't appreciate pouring countless hours into work making changes, and then not be paid for any of it; my time is more valuable to me than that, and I expect to be paid after approval; not asked to redo the entire thing and then be paid. Alright rant over, but please people get your order right the first time and if you are going to ask for line work changes, do so before the lines are colored. It saves so many headaches. Also, I don't mind adding things in necessarily if I can get them to fit in with the drawing, but if you want to change the entire idea of the piece after I've already completed it, then we're going to have problems.

Newer Art examples:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/MSarrian.png
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/QeoCharasheet.png

Older examples:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/LNat22col-2.png
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/LNat20COL.png
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/LNat30col.png
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/Lnat31col.png
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/Lnat33col.png
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/Dragons/Saurianoutline.jpg
img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/DarkYoshi.png

I will take as many orders as you guys wish to place, and will try to get them done at a rate of one per night, or at least one per every other night, but I reserve the right to quit at any time as I do have a life and it may get busy again.

Feel free to critique me; even if you’re not going to order. All critique is most welcome and appreciated even if it’s rash or abrasive, as I am trying to improve and it’s hard to do that without some educated guidance.

Order away happy :)
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/1/2015 3:20:42 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Orders are open
 GraveDigger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2015 11:12:48 AM reply with quote send message to GraveDigger Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Animal(s): French Bulldog
Pose: Color(s): *Specify patterns and if there is more than one animal be a specific as possible * A Frenchie looking over it's shoulder sitting or standing (whichever you prefer!) Something like this: previews.123rf.com/images/isselee/isselee1006/isselee100602316/7251440-French-Bulldog-puppy-3-months-old-sitting-in-front-of-white-background-Stock-Photo.jpg
Color style***Do you want it colored Detailed, simplistically, or in between. *** I like all of the colors but I know you want me to be specific (this is SO HARD for me!!) Brindle or Fawn?
Eye Color(s): Brown
Text: * if you would like it you must be a specific as possible, I'll need positioning, colors, size the whole works. Leave this off if it doesn’t apply*
Background:**** The free background types are; None, modified photo, simple brushed, and solid color. If you want something more complex you pay extra depending on the complexity) None
Other:*Write things that don't fit into the other fields here, or attach picture(s) if you want* I honestly trust your creative judgement, so if you have a different way you'd like to go, go with it! happy :)

Animal(s): Papillon
Pose: Color(s): *Specify patterns and if there is more than one animal be a specific as possible * A headshot or side view with the face looking at you like the Samoyed
Color style***Do you want it colored Detailed, simplistically, or in between. *** White and Black
Background:**** The free background types are; None, modified photo, simple brushed, and solid color. If you want something more complex you pay extra depending on the complexity) None
Other:*Write things that don't fit into the other fields here, or attach picture(s) if you want* I honestly trust your creative judgement, so if you have a different way you'd like to go, go with it! happy :)

Multiple edits because my iPad was being difficult and kept closing out...

-----
Last edited by GraveDigger Kennel on 9/2/2015 11:22:16 AM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2015 2:49:13 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Finished the papillon:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/Papilloncol.png

Something bothers me about this, but I can't quite put my finger on it. That long silky hair texture is tough, knew I was going to jack something up. Reasonably pleased with it though. Let me know if you want any changes, or if you're cool with it as-is. happy :)

Thanks for ordering, and I will work on the frenchie tomorrow. ^^
 Kommander
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2015 4:52:47 AM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post

I hope you don't mind my comments on your Papillon. I think the feet are wrong, too big and nails too high up the toes. Expression is too 'hard' for a Pap. I like the coat texture. You are very talented.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2015 7:04:43 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Wow Drake - I'm impressed! You are very talented happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/9/2015 1:03:53 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Thank you Drake!! Can't wait to see the Frenchie!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2015 2:45:55 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Thanks for the compliments guys, and I appreciate your critique Kommander, thanks for your honesty.

Unfortunately feet have always been my weakness, and I seem to jack them up no matter how many times I redo them. -.-' One would think someone that has been drawing as long as I have would have improved over that time. Well I did improve at some things, but the feet have eluded me. It's not like I don't try, and don't practice; just can't seem to get the dreaded feet right.

Could have something to do with the fact that when I doodle I'm always drawing cartoon animals and Yoshies. That cartoon mentality just seems to seep it's way into all my art like an ingrained habit. Due to liking to finish a piece in a single session, I often quit redoing the feet at a certain point in the interest of time and just take that 'good enough' attitude. That's the wrong attitude to take I realize, but I do get frustrated with how bad I am at it and the sheer number of times I erase and redraw feet (you should see what they look like at the start, yikes -.-'). Bleh, I prefer to draw hooves razz :p I will try harder though. The feet will be much better on my next drawing; just wait and see, I won't turn it in until they are. happy :)

As for the expression, I don't really know why they turn out looking more intense after I color them, I suppose it has something to do with the way I shade since it happens more than I care to mention. The expression on the lines wasn't intense like that though, I was going for a soft expression, kind of smiley, clearly that failed. Still, it's not too bad, that pap looks like it ready for anything; nothing wrong with a little attitude right? wink ;) I will work on this as well though.
 HotSauce
Basic User

Basic User
9/11/2015 11:50:04 AM reply with quote send message to HotSauce Object to Post

I do have Paps in Gravedigger Kennel ... That's not a kennel for the faint of heart! I honestly LOVE how it turned out! I look at them all the time and randomly show people. lol

Heck, you could make the Frenchie a zombie type and I'd love it! laugh :D
 HotSauce
Basic User

Basic User
9/13/2015 2:39:08 PM reply with quote send message to HotSauce Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Medium sizes down nicely. happy :)

Animal(s): Caucasian Ovcharka
Pose: Color(s): *Specify patterns and if there is more than one animal be a specific as possible * As if it is walking among its herd. Very focused and intense look. I'll message you a few pictures
Color style***Do you want it colored Detailed, simplistically, or in between. *** I honestly like all or the colors, so whatever you like. happy :)

-----
Last edited by HotSauce on 10/7/2015 3:36:59 PM
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2015 3:24:39 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Finished the French Bulldog:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/Ignomass/Frenchiecol.png

Let me know if you want any changes. Fairly happy with this one, the pose and face were tricky and as usual I jacked the foot; looks kind of broken, but overall, I don't think it's too bad. Hope you like it. happy :)

I'll work on the Canaan dog next, and hopefully get it on time and not late this time. Thanks for all your orders. ^^
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/28/2015 2:29:39 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I love it thank you!!!
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 8:46:50 AM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post

Are you still taking orders?
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 9:39:53 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Sorry about the late reply, I've been away all weekend and only just saw this.

Anyway, yes, I am still taking orders happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
10/12/2015 10:36:13 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

No Message.
 Tenacity Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/15/2015 2:28:31 PM reply with quote send message to Tenacity Kennel Object to Post

Medium Size please

Animal(s): Saint Bernard
Pose: Color(s): *Specify patterns and if there is more than one animal be a specific as possible * Head shot
Color style***Do you want it colored Detailed, simplistically, or in between. ***: Orange or Rust but I like the rough coats happy :)
Other:*Write things that don't fit into the other fields here, or attach picture(s) if you want*: I hope I got everything covered! happy :)
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/16/2015 6:09:06 PM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by Wabi-Sabi Kennels on 11/16/2015 4:47:14 PM

Replies in this thread : 16

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.