.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Update on Admin
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/14/2015 11:26:47 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post   

Ok Ok so since no one seemed to call Jeff I did today. He is in fact ok. He informed me that because school is coming up he has been very busy and that he is aware of the issues we are having. He said he would be getting to them sometime this afternoon. I mostly called him to make sure he was healthy, which he is.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 11:27:27 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I understand some people are upset not because he didn't fix it but because he has not responded to us but we do have to figure that he has multiple sites and a life to attend to and can't answer 500 messages. We choose to pay money to play the game even though we are all aware that there are glitches. All games from any company will have glitches.

In in no way saying I'm not upset about the glitches or results because they have been affecting me as well. But I think we need to remember that fixing a website isn't just a snap of a finger...
 WelshCorgiKennels.
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 12:05:11 PM reply with quote send message to WelshCorgiKennels. Object to Post

I know right now almost all his other sites (at least the two I'm active playing on) are having worse problems and glitches than this site, and he has not answered them over there, I think a lot of the players have given up and are just accepting the game play. I know I messaged Jeff last night, looked at it with no response, so glad to see this update.
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 2:20:55 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

Thanks Beach. So glad he and his family is ok!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 2:34:06 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Thank you for calling him Hayley! (Hoping that's your name and it's spelled right. LOL)
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 3:21:26 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
Thank you for calling him Hayley! (Hoping that's your name and it's spelled right. LOL)
It is and it is spelled correctly happy :)
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2015 6:44:12 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Glad he's ok!happy :)

Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 7:06:58 PM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

Am I the only one who doesn't think this 'answer' is acceptable?

I honestly feel that Admin has been letting this game and it's entities down a lot in the past 12 months. sad :(

I've been playing SD for nearly 10 years and back in it's 'heyday' Jeff and Laura would maintain this site with rapt attention and would always post a note on the forum to say 'hey we are aware of this problem and are working on it - please bare with us.' Back then the site was making a good profit because it was so popular.

These days I feel like the number of paying members has dropped dramatically compared to when the site was popular.

I understand that Admin has a life, has a job, has a family, has other priorities - but at the end of the day we are all paying good money to enjoy the benefits of this site. If Admin is incapable of monitoring, maintaining and running this site and its entities efficiently then perhaps it is time to employ someone else to run the site - either on behalf of Admin, or as a separate business?

The other idea would be to drop the prices that we are paying if the site cannot be run properly?

I feel disappointed - not that there are 'issues' - because any site has issues - but that there has been no support from Admin or even a quick 'Yes we are aware and we are working on fixing the problem.' It should not have to come to the point of a person having to physically make a phone call just to get an answer.

In my nearly 10 years of playing it has only been the past 12 months that things seem to have been 'falling by the way side' with this site. And I'm quite saddened at this. sad :(

This site and its entities are one-of-a-kind in terms of the actual game play and I think that Jeff has a brilliant mind by being able to create such an amazing game. This site has become a very close-knit community and has managed to bring dog lovers across the globe together. The sites genetic coding, realistic showing, and # of playable breeds are all absolutely amazing - and these are the reasons that people come back year after year to play this game - as we cannot get this on any other site. happy :)

I want to be able to continue to play this game with a full enjoyment like I have in the past. I hope that my thoughts and opinions are taken appropriately and are not seen in the wrong light, nor disregarded.
 Rijbakluva
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 7:11:40 PM reply with quote send message to Rijbakluva Object to Post

^^^^^^^ Oops, obviously I took too long to write my post - that was me.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 7:36:54 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Thanks for going out on a limb and voicing your opinion. I agree with you. This was not an acceptable answer nor was it ok to let a whole week go by without a response. No one is saying he needed to answer every single post or message, but he did need to make ONE post or announcement that he was aware of the situation and that it would be fixed as soon as he could. I also have a problem with the fact that he knew he was going to be busier than normal at this point in time and feel he should have preparations for it. All retail businesses hire extra staff for the holidays because they know they are going to be busier than usual. So they prepare in advance. Yes, this site feels close-knit and family like, but at the end of the day it is a business, a job -Jeff's job, and he needs to take care of his customers. Some of us do pay to play.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
9/14/2015 7:51:19 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

It's not acceptable, I know.

I'm not making an excuse, just an explanation, you're right to be upset. I've got numerous sites that I run because none of them are large enough to run by themselves, not even this one at its peak. With the school year starting, one in particular consumes just about all of my time.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2015 8:21:12 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Yes Jeff, we are upset. Partly because of the issues in the first place, but I think we all understand that stuff happens - with the game and with life, and sometimes (usually it seems) at the same time.

What is hard to forgive is the total lack of response - it only takes a minute to say you are aware of the issue and will look into it tonight, tomorrow, next week - whatever!

Talk to us! I was afraid someone had died or something.

A loyal member of the ShowDog/Horse/Rabbit family,
Gayle

And thank you Beach Dunes for stepping up (lol).

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 9/14/2015 8:29:06 PM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 8:26:54 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I almost didn't post the post because I knew more people would voice how they were upset. I know my opinion is way different from most of the users here. To each their own.

Edit; My post was mostly to stress that all websites have problems and many other websites will never talk with the players because the administration officers don't care. We are lucky to have Jeff at all. What happened has happened so let's not continue to be negative unless the same problem arises again. We play the game because we love it and it's fun, so let's keep it that way! A few glitches may happen here and there but at least the site is up and (semi)running.

I really hope people don't truly quit because of this. I mean look at all that has been done and all that is going well? We have many beautiful pictures, New GCH awards, rankings, polls, etc! Plus like I said we all have fun together and get to brag on our wins (in the game and real life!). Let's go back to having fun and not stressing!

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 9/14/2015 8:35:37 PM
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

9/14/2015 8:33:36 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

gaylanstudio, you're right, there's nothing I can say because I was in the wrong.

I got distracted and sloppy. I printed the reports I got, and put them in a stack of minor issues when it was something that should have been an absolute top priority.

I found the issue about five minutes ago (a changed username) but frankly, I didn't start looking until about 30 minutes ago.

As soon as I get the events cleaned up I'm going to figure out some form of a compensation.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 8:38:11 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Thank you for apologizing. Glad to see you are ok and things are being worked on.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/14/2015 8:42:31 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

That's excellenet!

By the way, I don't really need compensation. Just get done what you need to do - including the non-game/school issues - so we can all get back to normal (lol).

admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

9/14/2015 8:42:45 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

To be clear, since I never explicitly said it, I am very sorry.
 Ariege
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 9:16:47 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post

As far as I know the main issues that need to be fixed are:

- the 'Summerkennel' 19 accounts that seem to have hacked the show system with source dogs and inferior dogs taking out BOB, BIG and BIS wins.

- the 'Victor Wood' issue to be solved.

- All shows that have been affected by 'odd' wins - that don't make sense - to either be re-run or the entry fees to be refunded and the show payouts be given to the appropriate people.

- The repetitive Admin posts in the breed forums announcing the same dog gaining its GCH title over and over again.

Can anyone else think of any other issues that need to be addressed that I haven't already mentioned?
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/14/2015 9:25:27 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Yes, Obedience hasn't run since the 8th. And several people have mentioned oddities with sessioning.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

9/14/2015 9:27:33 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Obedience has been catching up for the past hour. As soon as it's good, I'm going to move to the next issue.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
9/15/2015 3:53:34 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

Sessioning, not being able to stay 'logged in' (old issue needs sorting asap), Sweetkennel and Summerrose kennel (I believe owned by the same people as summerkennel), dogs losing obedience/muscle/coat overnight even if sessioned that day (very frustrating).......

Replies in this thread : 23
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.