Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Time zone killing me!!!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/18/2015 12:29:22 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So I moved over the weekend and I use to live where the day would "restart" on showdog at 1am. Well now I live in the same time zone as the website so everything resets at midnight and now I keep missing my darn login bonuses and sessioning. I'm so blinde !

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 9/18/2015 12:29:45 AM
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2015 12:49:03 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Don't you get the log in bonus irregardless of time you log in? Just need to log in daily?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2015 2:41:13 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Yeh - I don't get it ... you just need to log in daily (at any time) to get the bonus so they time zone difference shouldnt matter ...
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2015 7:11:03 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I think Hayley is like me happy :)
We get on late at night to use our sessions and enter dogs, etc. now she's missing days worth of sessions since she's logging on in morning instead of last thing at night.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/18/2015 9:58:42 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I know I missed the bonus sometimes if I don't do ShowDog at my usual time in the afternoon but log in after midnight. (It usually means I lost my sessions too - lol.)

There probably is a problem for those who logon around midnight - if it was 11:45pm one day and 12:15am the next, you may lose it. It might have something to do with when the date changes at midnight - I'm not sure what the system is looking at.

I think once you get past the first twenty-four hours you should be ok Beach Dunes, as long as you are logging in at roughly the same time (allowing for the possible midnight scenario).
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/18/2015 11:41:58 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

If I don't login until 2am ( and the day before I actually log in at a decent hour; say 6pm ). I miss the bonus.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2015 12:20:22 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Wait wait wait. What? There are actually people who only log onto Showdog once a day? I thought everyone stalked their dogs all day long even when theres no litters due or anything going on...
 CelebrationHounds
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2015 4:42:20 AM reply with quote send message to CelebrationHounds Object to Post

Log on once a day? Surely those are the people that must have a life outside SD?
Myself, I must log on at least 4 times a day, most days a lot more. I thought I had a RL but obviously I don't sad :(
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/19/2015 1:39:50 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

posted by Gypsy Wind Kennels
Wait wait wait. What? There are actually people who only log onto Showdog once a day? I thought everyone stalked their dogs all day long even when theres no litters due or anything going on...
There are folks who only come on here once??? That has never happened for me, I come on this site every hour.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
9/19/2015 1:53:14 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Lol. I use to come on once a day but I got a new job as a real life kennel/handlers assistant and it pretty much take sup my whole day Now xD
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/20/2015 1:34:11 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I only stalk a few hours. Somehow when I was working I stalked dogs more. Then have a dog now she gets my time.

??love

-----
Last edited by Guiding Senjis on 9/20/2015 1:37:28 AM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/21/2015 1:40:45 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Oh she is too precious!

Hayley, it sounds like you just need to abandon your dreams, as they are getting in the way of SD time. laugh :D

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler