Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : What causes a DNP?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
9/26/2015 8:33:29 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

What causes a dog to get a DNP and how can I improve on a dog in order to get him GCH points? Elixer Sebastian got a DNP yesterday and I want to get some tips on how to take him to a GCH happy :)
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2015 8:57:33 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

You didn't put a handler on him.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/26/2015 9:19:31 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Oohhhh. Dang it. I had done a ton of handlers before and then forgot to add them after I entered him in additional shows.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2015 8:38:33 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Once they're finished and champions only two dogs, one male and one female get GCH points. Whomever is Best of Breed and Best of Opposite Sex.
It'll take time, but he should get there!
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2015 8:48:42 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Different judges have different preferences, some like handlers, some prefer the owner to do it.

To see who likes what, use this

www.showdog.com/shows/dog_judge_directory.aspx

And click on their names. I believe Mark Wilson, Randal Harris, Bruce Bass and Pamela Geist are the only owner handler judges right now.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.