.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Barktober: Bark Trivia!
 Myths
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/1/2015 7:36:01 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post   

Welcome to Bark Trivia!

Bark Trivia is a trivia game that will take place in Chat.

Instructions

You can access chat if you are a premium member by looking under 'community' on the navigation bar on the left of the SD screen.

Once you click on chat, enter your login information (case sensitive) and you'll enter chat. After that, on the right of your screen you will see a section labelled 'Rooms'. Under rooms there will be a room listed as Bark Trivia. Simply click that room, press 'switch room' and you will be in! laugh :D

If you are having trouble doing any of that, please feel free to PM me. happy :)

Prizes

Bark trivia is designed to be one of the most prize-heavy events in Barktober, but that'll only happen if people come in to participate!

Questions will have a predetermined award for the user who answers it. Questions can be worth anything from a $50 show payout to $1000 in prize money! The prizes will depend on how many users a player has to compete with, the difficulty of the question, and the speed at which a player responds.

Upcoming Chat Date: Saturday, October 10th
(I'd do it on the 3rd but Barktober events officially start on the 4th lol.)
Times: Any point when I'm online, which should be most of the SD day. I'll also try to get up early / stay up late to make sure that all time zones are covered! I'll post specific times closer to / on the day. happy :)

Previous Winners
N/A
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 10:43:40 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

The countdown to the first bark begins! wink ;)

Is there any time you guys would prefer to have a chat trivia? As I said I'll try to be in as much as possible but it would be great if you guys could comment on when you'd like me to be in so I can try to clear my schedule. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 4:47:23 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I'm 6 hours ahead of you time-wise so late at night my time would be the easiest, say 6pm onwards SD time, that's midnight onwards my time - I can do that, hubby won't be impressed but hey ! Barktober only comes round once in a full moon
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 12:49:24 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

OMG!! I WILL BE HERE FOR THAT!!!

LOL Mourne, the husbands have a habit of getting displeased with showdog things, don't they?? laugh :D laugh :D

*needs to have Ash and Myths send me messages to remind me to come to chat*
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 2:17:26 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Do we need to be generally bright to compete, or doggy brained ie have a bit of dog knowledge?
I'm going to be useless if the questions are US based/political/religious/mathematical, might be ok on natural history or dogs.

What is the format question-wise Myths?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2015 8:53:23 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Ooh, I don't remember if I'm allowed to participate, but if I am, I definitely will. Myths, did you say I could join or no? XD I would love to play when I am online if I can.
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 5:18:41 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Oh hey! I think I'll be home for this. happy :)

Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 10:24:31 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Great! Sounds like there'll be a good bit of interest for this. laugh :D

I can try to be on at around 2pm-8pm SD time, and probably around 10am-11am in the morning. I'll post more accurate updates tomorrow, keep an eye out for that.

Questions will be both dog-themed and autumn/Halloween/Oktoberfest/ect themed. So a bit of general knowledge but also some more dog-related things. happy :) Layouts will either be short answers or multiple choice for date/number-related ones.

I guess you can play LRK. But I'm not giving you prizes, just so you know. XD
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 11:22:30 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Posting to remind myself- ill stop in to chat but wont be playing happy :)

Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/9/2015 12:02:01 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

That's fine, I just want to play laugh :D laugh :D
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2015 12:57:08 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I am soooooo looking forward to this, fastest finger etc etc.......
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/9/2015 9:55:05 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I can't wait to see everyone! Thank you so much Myths!! happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 8:57:39 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Ready and waiting.....
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 10:41:10 AM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Just popped in- Myths any idea what time youll be on?
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 11:34:40 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Gah I slept in. D:

Give me a second to eat breakfast, I'll be in in around 10 minutes or so. wink ;)
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 11:54:35 AM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Alright, I'm in now. I should be here for at least another few hours lol, most likely until 7pm-ish SD time with a lunch break. wink ;)

Apologies for the delay guys! I had set an alarm for this morning but apparently it was set to 'only on weekdays'. >.>

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.