Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Alice, the painting Hamiltonstovare
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/6/2015 9:09:54 AM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post   

I always like to challenge my dogs' minds as often as I can so I figured I would teach my oldest Hamiltonstovare to paint. The outcome was incredible. We are going to make many more and even auction some off to raise money for the Hamiltonstovare Club of America.

Alice (MBIS MRBIS MBIG CH Kilcavan Alice's Adventures CGC CGCA CM pntd)

Alice's first piece of art
 AngelAviary
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/6/2015 10:38:10 AM reply with quote send message to AngelAviary Object to Post

Beautiful!!! Would never think to do this with my dogs! Would love to see what she does in the future.
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 4:03:02 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks, she is going to do another one for a friend of mine tonight. We will be recording her process and I'll post a link to the video and post an image of the finished painting tonight.
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2015 1:19:48 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

What a great idea!
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 9:04:14 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

That's super cool! It looks really nice too!
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 1:56:02 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks, we did another painting yesterday this time we recorded part of the process. It takes about 15-20 minutes to paint each one and she knows when she is done and actively avoids stepping on the painting. It is absolutely adorable.

https://youtu.be/-VYfAeeKiy4

Here's a picture of the finished product.

Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 11:59:17 AM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

I love Alice's paintings. happy :) Also I saw your advertising for these in one of my fb groups. Small world.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/8/2015 12:12:28 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

These are actually quite interesting.

I wonder how my Baxter would do - American cocker, very fuzzy feet, not to mention those ears that could sweep across the wet paint and create delicate blending of colours.

Of course he'd need a bath afterwards (lol).
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 12:05:03 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks, Hamiltonstovare have really fuzzy feet (doesn't look like it but they have tons of hair between their toes).

Alice did another one this morning.

Myths
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 12:11:23 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

Those are fantastic! laugh :D She's a better artist than me lol.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/10/2015 2:18:20 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Wow! How do you "teach" a dog to "paint"??? *Eyes my puppy*
 OceaniaFoxhounds
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 9:59:31 PM reply with quote send message to OceaniaFoxhounds Object to Post

Thanks! I taught her with food, she is highly food motivated and doesn't mind if there are weird sensations or uneven surfaces that she is walking on. Those are the main things, some dogs can really have issues with strange substances and sensations. Plus it helps that she has decent hind-end awareness, her favorite moves while painting are spin moves.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/11/2015 8:45:21 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

The video was cute! I love that you got your dog to paint :P I don't think either of mine would like it...

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.