Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : Suggestion for GCH awards
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/6/2015 10:59:54 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I think we should lower the GCH points required for playinum considering even the #1 GCH pointed dog for allbreeds all time is not even close to the platinum level (Which I think is 800 points). I think it is literally impossible to get 800 GGh points within 120 days of a dogs life and that's even with getting 5 points everyday and 5 points at a specialty. So that's taking into account that a dog could even get a grand at 1 day old ( Most can't even show until around 17 days ) and the dog getting a specialty too.

Let's say a dog finishes its Championship at 20 days old and gets a 5point Grand everyday until retirement

100 × 5 = 500

Then the dog would need to win a 5 point major ( 300 more points ) at a specialty at least every other day of its career. This is impossible and unlikely...

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 10/6/2015 11:03:04 AM
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 2:39:51 PM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post

I agree that the qualifications for this award are unfair and should be changed.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 3:34:13 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I remember Jeff saying he was going to change that, but I think it may have been forgotten. I agree the levels need to be altered a bit. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 5:31:24 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Totally unobtainable, needs changing.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 5:41:52 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

This is what was submitted with the poll

Grand Championship Levels (from AKC)
The Bronze Grand Championship will require 100 points,
the Silver Grand Championship will require 200 points,
the Gold Grand Championship will require 400 points
and the Platinum Grand Championship will require 500 Grand Championship points.

not 800
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 9:31:26 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by rhondacline
This is what was submitted with the poll

Grand Championship Levels (from AKC)
The Bronze Grand Championship will require 100 points,
the Silver Grand Championship will require 200 points,
the Gold Grand Championship will require 400 points
and the Platinum Grand Championship will require 500 Grand Championship points.

not 800

Not sure exactly what you are saying. are saying it's not currently 800? Whatever it is, its more than 675 because this is the #1 GCH dog and its still Gold

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=11831405
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/6/2015 9:48:06 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I mean I even have a dog with 90 Best of Breed and 28 Best in Specialty Shows ( Most all atleast 4GCH points ) but is still gold.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
10/7/2015 5:10:34 AM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

I hink we assumed the figures suggested in the poll would stand, however it doesn't seem to have been implemented. I think there were some initial teething problems which were brought up on forum but we went quiet moaning and apparently the changes still haven't been made.

Rhondacline's figures are the ones we agreed on (as far as I recall anyway), not that I have a HIHC of achieving anything better than silver.......boo hoo hoo
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2015 5:57:08 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I may be misreading but if that is the correct breakdown of the awards than there is a glitch somewhere.

As posted above 200 points should be a silver award but my girl is listed as a gold GCH wth 207 points.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14084483
 GaylanStudio1
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/7/2015 9:51:40 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio1 Object to Post

I think there is an issue with the award that is displayed. I believe that the award goes from Bronze to Gold when the Silver is achieved. If the Gold is then actually achieved it remains Gold.

The Silver is missing (miscoded as Gold).

This was reported some time ago too.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 1:58:48 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

When I messaged Jeff asking what the point levels were he said he went off of the AKC levels, but he was planning to adjust that.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 6:21:08 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

-bump-

Hey Jeff. Did you see this ?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 5:17:47 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Please can we have this sorted asap.

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.