Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Is he plateauing?
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
10/8/2015 8:08:05 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=14219871

I haven't been able to get him any GC points for a few days. Am I missing something or is it just the handlers or the judges??
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/8/2015 8:24:07 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I have found the same thing with some of my dogs. It's like they get tired and maybe lack some of the luster.
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 8:50:01 AM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Poor handler choices.. These dogs don't get "tired" either. Competition just gets better.

-----
Last edited by Kievan Kennels on 10/8/2015 8:51:45 AM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 10:51:58 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

It seems to be the handlers in this case. Notice how the dog is getting points on Ellen and Bob because they are both in the top 5 handlers ranking
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/8/2015 11:14:48 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

posted by Beach Dunes
It seems to be the handlers in this case. Notice how the dog is getting points on Ellen and Bob because they are both in the top 5 handlers ranking
That makes sense. I wasn't sure if I needed to pick the Judges' favorite handlers, or the handlers that are the top in the rankings.
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 11:26:45 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

posted by Little River Kennel
posted by Beach Dunes
That makes sense. I wasn't sure if I needed to pick the Judges' favorite handlers, or the handlers that are the top in the rankings.

You pick the handler with the lowest number on the judges list.

After you enter the dog, click choose handler, if you don't know if the judge is a Owner Handler or Handler judge, click on their name. If they like handlers, pick the handler on the judges list with the lowest number.
For example.

If I had a dog entered under Linda Schubert, I would pick Ellen Schroeder if she was available. If not Ellen, then Roxanne, if Roxanne was not available, then Reberol Pattison, etc. It's simple.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/8/2015 12:14:31 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=89 This is in the help section.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/8/2015 2:39:46 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

That makes sense. I figured that's what I had to do. thanks for the help wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.