Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Specialty show that has handlers?
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/10/2015 12:08:25 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

I'm confused - I thought specialties were always no handler shows?

Kooikerhondje%20Show" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.showdog.com/shows/current_entries.aspx?show=Barktober%20Bash%20Kooikerhondje%20Show

This show is a Kooikerhondje specialty with Jeff Dunbar with handlers?

Is this normal or a glitch?
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 1:24:48 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Nationals are always no handler, but if a person forgets to switch it from handler to no handler, the specialty will be a handler show. happy :)

So, it's completely normal. wink ;)
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/10/2015 7:22:29 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

You can do either for a specialty, and in some breeds a non-handler specialty costs more.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2015 7:59:49 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Most of the specialties that Barktober made ended up being handler shows. I ended up not entering them for that exact reason :/
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2015 8:17:44 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

Thats your prerogative.

The Barktober specialties were made handler shows because of the fact that non-handler shows cost more in some breeds and I am working on a very tight budget. So I decided that I preferred adding another breed over making a show non handler. And I made them all the same so there was no favoritism. That's my prerogative.

happy :)
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/11/2015 10:00:23 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I had thought that was the reason. I just happen to be in a very competitive breed and I knew that if I didnt get the top 1-3 handlers on my dog, it won't win. In one of my breeds, I enter in shows all the time with no handlers and my dogs can still win, but not in my poodles.

I feel kind of bad because the entries are down in the specialty. Normally our specialties have around 30 dogs, and so far the entry is only 12.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.