Search

.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Moving dogs
 Koepp Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/13/2015 11:23:00 AM reply with quote send message to Koepp Kennels Object to Post   

I currently have 3 accts, 2 premies 1 basic, I'm trying to swap my 2 premium kennels around and should've asked before I tried....

Is there a smarter way to do this than buying/selling I am now blocked from buying/selling now for trying to do that haha.

HotSauce
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2015 11:41:44 AM reply with quote send message to HotSauce Object to Post

That's the only way I know how to do it. I can help move things around if you need.
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2015 12:25:08 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

I think the limit is 10 dogs per month, after that the system automatically blocks you
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/13/2015 1:16:07 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

5 per week, 10 per month. happy :)

www.showdog.com/help/topic.aspx?id=70
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/14/2015 11:09:03 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Yes, there is a limit to how many dogs you can sell/buy from any one kennel.

It will reset after that time and you will be able to move more - the block is not permanent.

I'd start with the best breeding bitches (breed first if you are using in-house studs). The puppies will be born in their new kennel and you can still access the studs in the old one. Next move your young show stock, bitches first. Eventually you'll get the best ones changed and you can FH the remainder.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 10/14/2015 11:16:54 AM
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
10/18/2015 8:02:01 AM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

Speaking of this, does anyone remember how much you have to pay when you're moving dogs?

I seem to remember that back in the day, the rule was something like "five dogs a week, it has to be a one-way transaction, and it has to be for a certain amount of money."
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/18/2015 9:24:46 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

It's $200 per dog. I have moved dogs from another kennel to this one recently and was totally paranoid. But so far so good.

And if you want to breed to a stud in the other kennel, you have to charge the same price you would to any other kennel.
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
10/20/2015 10:02:05 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

posted by XiZang
It's $200 per dog. I have moved dogs from another kennel to this one recently and was totally paranoid. But so far so good.

And if you want to breed to a stud in the other kennel, you have to charge the same price you would to any other kennel.

Excellent, thank you! I haven't moved dogs for years, so I couldn't remember.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.