.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : one point?
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/19/2015 1:36:13 AM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post   

how does this class entry get a point?
www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=RBK Fall Classic 2&breed=Rhodesian Ridgeback
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2015 10:25:24 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

yeah, that's wrong.

Did you PM Jeff?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2015 5:08:48 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Link is broken sad :(
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/19/2015 10:41:13 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Castleberry
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2015 1:33:58 PM reply with quote send message to Castleberry Object to Post

Posting this here as perhaps this is related?

I see that WB should have received 1 point, not 2
(am I missing something?)

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=HotMess+All+Breed+3&breed=Scottish+Deerhound
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2015 4:25:55 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

he original 1 point.. I noticed its from a "sweetkennel" I thought this problem was fixed?
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2015 4:47:59 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

It was, but they keep creating more kennels.

And Airblu keeshond results were buggy last night too, if you look at what won with what handler compared to the others.

I think shows are still buggy, just not as obviously buggy as the Sweetkennel/Summerkennel debaucle. But I know people have emailed Jeff on a couple questions on it and have not gotten a response.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2015 4:47:59 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Deleted cause it double posted my comment.

-----
Last edited by Gypsy Wind Kennels on 10/22/2015 4:48:23 PM
 Castleberry
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 11:03:25 AM reply with quote send message to Castleberry Object to Post

Repeat of the issue from yesterday

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Bubblys+All+Breed+1&breed=Scottish+Deerhound

Based on what I see, the bitch should have only earned 1 point not 2

(The sweetkennel issue is completely unrelated to the points issue and as far as I can see has been resolved.)
 LeJardin
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 12:16:26 PM reply with quote send message to LeJardin Object to Post

Here is another case of Winners Bitch getting the incorrect # of points -

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Airblu+166&breed=Sussex+Spaniel

If your dog was Winners Bitch yesterday/today/recently - can you take a look and see if points were awarded correctly?

Is this happening in all shows or just some shows?

Sagerwood
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 12:46:13 PM reply with quote send message to Sagerwood Object to Post

Not that I'm complaining about the extra point, but here's another case of it: www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Airblu%20165&breed=Dachshund
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 12:49:50 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Shows have been buggy lately. First there was the Summer/Sweetkennel issue, not that they had so many multiple accounts, but that completely innapropriate dogs were winning.

There are points being awarded incorrectly.

And we still have cases of innapropriate dogs with "wrong" handlers beating out dogs that should have won (and none of them are mine, I dont have a personal stake in the case at all)

And theres still the "handler free all breed" with a handler judge in a week.

As anyone heard from Jeff on ANY of these? I know he's been messaged about 2/3 of them for sure, and I assume someone sent a note about the points being awarded incorrectly.
 Skipton Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 12:54:58 PM reply with quote send message to Skipton Kennel Object to Post

Here is one for the boys - only 1 male entered - WD got 1 point

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Bubblys+All+Breed+1&breed=Dogue+de+Bordeaux
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 1:40:39 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

posted by Gypsy Wind Kennels
Shows have been buggy lately. First there was the Summer/Sweetkennel issue, not that they had so many multiple accounts, but that completely innapropriate dogs were winning.

There are points being awarded incorrectly.

That's right. I had forgotten about that.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 3:02:25 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

How long has this been going on? I don't have any breeds that usually get 1 or 2 entries in each sex.
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 3:05:20 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

In looking at these, it seems in every case the dog (or bitch) with incorrectly awarded points is getting BOS or the equivalent to third in breed, when then another dog is awarded fourth in breed.

I wonder if it's an issue within the placing of 1-4 within a breed. Even though the dog is awarded points incorrectly, they're still beating other dogs with the 1-4 in breed placements, thus giving them a point.

Does that make sense?
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 3:07:03 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

Use this one:
www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=HotMess+All+Breed+3&breed=Scottish+Deerhound

She went BOS and beat a bitch special, so she should've gotten one point, but notice how the other male special was 4th in breed? Making the BOS bitch 3rd in breed, so essentially she beat the dog special and the bitch special (2 dogs defeated, 2 points...)

It's not correct, but I think that's where the issue lies.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2015 12:19:36 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

There were TWO more keeshond show results last night that are deeply suspicious.

I hate to sound like a broken record, I do. But Jeff has been contacted about this stuff and nothing has happened yet. Im gonna give it about a week and if there's no response or things arent fixed, Im out. I play this game to be a dog show simulation. If unfixed glitches in the game are preventing fair results, there's really no point in sticking around engaging in fair play IMO. There have been enough bugs lately that SOMETHING should have been done by now. After the whole Sweet/Summerkennel debaucle, I had high hopes that some of this stuff would be resolved in a more timely manner, or at least we'd get a "hey guys, Im aware, Im working on it."

-----
Last edited by Gypsy Wind Kennels on 10/24/2015 12:20:41 PM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2015 1:22:49 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

posted by Gypsy Wind Kennels
There were TWO more keeshond show results last night that are deeply suspicious.

I hate to sound like a broken record, I do. But Jeff has been contacted about this stuff and nothing has happened yet. Im gonna give it about a week and if there's no response or things arent fixed, Im out. I play this game to be a dog show simulation. If unfixed glitches in the game are preventing fair results, there's really no point in sticking around engaging in fair play IMO. There have been enough bugs lately that SOMETHING should have been done by now. After the whole Sweet/Summerkennel debaucle, I had high hopes that some of this stuff would be resolved in a more timely manner, or at least we'd get a "hey guys, Im aware, Im working on it."

-----
Last edited by Gypsy Wind Kennels on 10/24/2015 12:20:41 PM

It really sucks that this is starting to make people leave. I would call Jeff again but last time I called he seemed very annoyed. I hope he gets the hints and starts working on this. However we did see from a recent post that he is working on some things ( The paypal problem ). Maybe he just hasn't told us he is aware of it yet?
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
10/24/2015 2:09:31 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I really wonder how this is happening. Just noticed it in my breed

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Silhouette%20October%2016th%20All%20Breed&breed=Standard%20Poodle

EDIT: And the bitch didnt even get 2rd, or 3rd in Breed so it can't be the argument that " Its counting defeating someone for 3rd or 4th in breed is adding the breed point". This was also over a week ago, so how long has this been going on that we havent noticed?

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 10/24/2015 2:11:28 PM
 Studio Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2015 12:52:45 PM reply with quote send message to Studio Dogs Object to Post

it has not been happening for too long, regarding the points being 'off' for class entries.

I'm guessing about three months???

Replies in this thread : 40
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.