Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : How to breed
 Free Spirit Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/22/2015 4:55:58 PM reply with quote send message to Free Spirit Kennel Object to Post   

Just started today. Can someone explain how to breed my Bitches? i can't figure it out. thanks
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/22/2015 7:09:41 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

First off, I would read this: www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=391848 it is long, but EXTREMELY helpful.

I would hold off on breeding until you have played for a while. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 3:37:55 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Basic players can breed ONLY within the first 30 days of setting up their account so please bear that in mind.
 Free Spirit Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 6:35:05 AM reply with quote send message to Free Spirit Kennel Object to Post

so how do you actually breed? what are the steps? thanks
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 9:00:43 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I would reiterate the advice to take a look at the beginners guide. I glanced around your kennel and you are sessioning (training for shows) source dogs. Source dogs are not competitive in the ring at all and are generally only good for color breeding and source breeding.

You do have two current SOP dogs, but I am not in those breeds, so I can't easily judge whether they are show quality or not.

Another thing to remember, as mournebrake indicated as a new player you can breed for the first 30 days only - also at the end of those 30 days - you will have an enforced 5 dog limit. So you need to plan for that as well.

You can play and enjoy this game as a Basic player, but it doesn't involve breeding. If you want to breed, you will really need to subscribe.

Bottom line, we want you to succeed in the game and are simply trying to guide you toward success.

To answer your question...
On your kennel page listing you should see a 'Breed' link for bitches that are available for breeding and on the dog's individual page you will see a 'Breed' link under Owner Options.

[A bitch must be 30 days old and may not have whelped a litter within 5 days in order to be eligible to be bred.]

When you click the Breed link you will be offered a 'comparison' chart showing the available stud dogs in your kennel. [Studs must be 30 days and of the same breed]

There is a link above that chart that you can click to see available stud dogs for the breed from other players.

For these dogs you will have to look at each dog individually and compare traits in order to select the dog that is best suited for your bitch.

You need to know what traits are important for your breed, where your bitch excels and where your bitch is lacking, etc. Your goal in breeding is to produce a show quality puppy - so you need to know what that is for your breed BEFORE you breed.

Once you select your stud you will find a 'Breed To This Stud' link on his individual page.

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/25/2015 9:32:46 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

You also have to have 5 dogs or less. When you are over the limit, you cannot breed.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.