Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Points?
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/23/2015 7:13:22 AM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post   

My boy placed group last night:
www.showdog.com/shows/group_results.aspx?show=Airblu%20166

My question is, shouldn't he have gotten five GCh points, not three? How does the points for group and BIS work?
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/23/2015 7:23:16 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

I don't think you get any points for Best in Group. The points are calculated from the number of dogs your dog defeated to get best in show, five being the maximum. Your boy beat 3 dogs -- so gained three points. At least that is as I understand it.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 8:42:04 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

aussiewolfsister is correct - there are no points awarded for group placements. Points are awarded and calculated from the Breed level.

IF your dog was the only dog entered in Breed and went on to win Best In Group - THEN that dog is eligible to receive the same number of points as were awarded to the dog/breed that earned the most points in that group.

(That little clause is difficult to word.)

Edited to add - that applies to Championship points only and does not apply to GCH points

-----
Last edited by rhondacline on 10/23/2015 8:42:43 AM
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/23/2015 4:47:34 PM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post

Makes sense. Thanks for clarifying!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.