Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : Has anyone else noticed?
 Kommander
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/3/2015 4:39:16 AM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post   

Today for the first time ever I'm getting advert banners on my SD login.
I think they are google but how can I get rid of them. I thought the site owner had to agree before ads started appearing. I don't want to see ads every time I play.
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 4:43:16 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

They're on basic accounts only as far as I can tell.
Personally, I'm fine with ads on basic accounts as long as they aren't on our paid accounts- especially if it helps Jeff keep the game running.
My only complaint about them so far is that it's covering my quick switch function so I can't switch from my basic to any other accounts.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/3/2015 6:21:13 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

Kommander, they're only showing when logged into a basic account that is over two months old.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/3/2015 12:24:05 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Ok, if you can restrict those ads to Basic accounts only, how about doing the same on ShowHorse?

I use my old XP machine a lot with these games and those ads running those Adobe scripts seriously impede performance at times. I realize there is income generated by these but when I am paying for a subscription, several in fact . . .

If I'm a Basic who can't or won't pay, then I have to live with the ads.

I don't even care if they run on the login page, just get them off the other actual game pages. As far as I can tell, they are on every single page!

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/3/2015 12:31:41 PM
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 12:28:11 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I noticed the ads when I was in my basic account. I'm ok with the ads on basics...

but my basic account seems to have lost the ability to "kennel switch", the drop down menu is gone from the top.

Can we get this back Jeff?

-----
Last edited by Summerwind Kennels on 11/3/2015 12:30:14 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 2:08:57 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I only see the ads in my basic kennel, none of my paid kennels.
 Kommander
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 3:12:51 PM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post

I'm not opposed to having these ads on basics, after all we get our basic accounts free, HOWEVER it prevents me using the 'quick switch' function and that is a real pain. That facility is important when I'm trying to service a 'family' of premiums AND a rare breed basic.

I think I'm a bit miffed because this just 'happened' overnight - the 'stay logged on' feature takes years to get sorted, even with mega amounts of pleading from users; but ads appear overnight without any warning of it happening, not even a posting in the 'General' or 'Beginners' forum.

-----
Last edited by Kommander on 11/3/2015 3:17:41 PM
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 3:30:34 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

I have 1 basic account and my family account kennels.

I log into my basic separately. Then log into my family account and from there I use the quick switch between the family account kennels only.
I haven't had any problems with the ads being in the way.

I don't see it as a big deal to log into that one basic account separately...
but maybe that's just me and the fact that this is simply how I've done it since day 1 anyway.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
11/3/2015 3:56:41 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

The Showhorse bottom stuff should have been gone a while ago, I'll do that now.

I'll see what I can do about the quick switch.
 Kommander
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 5:32:02 PM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post

If the 'quick switch' problem could be sorted then I'd be very happy. Thanks Jeff.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 6:02:49 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

The way I see it, Jeff shouldn't have to ask if he can place ads on his site to make some money. It's new and will take getting used to, but I know this great community can adapt and overcome this. It has changed my routine of things, but I'm just happy to have Showdog around so it is what it is. happy :)

But yay, you guys got your stay logged in feature handled!
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 6:09:36 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Yes I would be grateful if the quick switch came back.

I have no problem with the ads. If it keeps SD at the same price or cheaper for players then it's a win for me.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/4/2015 5:20:03 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I agree Jeff shouldn't have to ask before accepting ads, but I do think a 'heads up' before they suddenly appeared would have been the 'right thing' to do.
 Doggone Good
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 1:31:24 AM reply with quote send message to Doggone Good Object to Post

I just log into this basic last after my family accts so its the last thing I do before logging out and then don't need the quick switch function.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 12:50:43 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I was just in my basic and the ads are gone and the quick switch is back....
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 1:11:08 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I just noticed that too - I cant believe how much easier it makes my switching back and forth between kennels happy :)

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler