Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Really bummed out!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/3/2015 2:18:12 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

So Jammer and I finished the year as the number 2 Owner Handler Keeshond so we qualified for the finals at Eukanuba.... But I can't show him because 2 months ago I started working full time for a professional handler so I lost my owner handler status.
We were number 2 in only 5 months of showing and the judge is kinda good for me. Very upset. Hoping we do something in the Junior showmanship finals.

I will probably never see Jammer again after this </3

-----
Last edited by Beach Dunes on 11/3/2015 2:18:54 PM
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/3/2015 3:57:39 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

hey! I'll be down at Eukanuba too.
We finished as #1 GWP in the owner handled finals, so we are making the long trip down.

See you there!!
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2015 2:16:23 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

If you still own the dog, you are still eligible to show in OH at the finals. Even actual professional handlers who own their dogs are eligible to show in this division but most don't as a courtesy to "amateur" owners. You are very new in this sport and I don't think anyone would consider it a skewed entry for you to show your dog at Eukanuba happy :). Enjoy your entry with him since you are attending the show anyway, and consider it a great finale as an "amateur". I qualified too (but can't afford to go) and in no way would consider you ineligible to compete.
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/5/2015 2:45:47 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Actually, that information is incorrect. Hayley is absolutely correct that she is NOT eligible to show Jammer in the NOHS finals.

From AKC's website, NOHS FAQ:
"8. Can a professional handler's spouse or child exhibit a dog in this competition?
No, household members and current assistants to professional handlers in conformation are not eligible to exhibit in this competition. A current assistant is defined as anyone employed by a professional handler on a full-time basis, or, assisting a professional handler at the show or any show during the cluster/weekend. Eligibility restrictions apply to all members of the same household."
www.akc.org/events/nohs/faq/

Also, professional handlers can NOT exhibit their own dogs in the NOHS. period.

Also from the FAQ:
"10. Can a professional handler co-own a dog in the AKC National Owner-Handled Series competition?
Yes, dogs can be co-owned by a professional handler or members of their household (as described here) and be exhibited in this competition as long as the professional handler or household member does not exhibit the dog during eligible competition (see question 7). Eligibility restrictions apply to all members of the same household."

A professional handler is described as:
"Professional handlers are defined as any person who belongs or has belonged to a professional handlers' organization, distributed rate cards, or otherwise advertised or represented themselves as handling dogs for pay within the last five years."
www.akc.org/events/nohs/finals/about/

-----
Last edited by Astoria2 on 11/5/2015 2:47:57 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/6/2015 10:02:17 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Regardless of the rules, unless his ownership has changed, why would you never see hima again? That's what I don't understand. What's happening with the dog.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2015 6:29:19 AM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Since I moved and started working for a handler I couldn't take him with me so he lives with his breeder. He is going to live with his old handler across the state's after Eukanuba.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.