Search

.com Forum · Field Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Breeder Discussion
 Artistri
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/6/2015 12:05:51 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post   

Field spaniel breeders, lets chat! If you are involved with fields, introduce yourself!

What are you up to lately?
What are you working on in your breeding program right now?
Pups for sale? Post here!
Need majors? Just ask!
Looking for a specific quality in a stud? We can help!

I will start. I have 4 starter dogs right now that I am using to try to bring less common colors into the breed. I have every color in my kennel right now except for liver tri. I have also been able to finish 2 of my starters (#1 and #2 in the breed right now!) and another is 1/2 way there. I have 3 litters due tomorrow (including one out of the #1 field bitch) and will have several pups for sale for $100. I am expecting to have rare colors (bis and tris) available. I also have some 11 day old pups in my kennel right now that I might sell, as I can't keep all of them. Let me know if you are interested.

Your turn to post!
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2015 2:12:17 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Also, please remember to enter our specialties! I just added one for next week and entered 9 of my own dogs so we have big majors!
 LeJardin
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2015 7:35:22 PM reply with quote send message to LeJardin Object to Post

I'm working with some current SOP dogs
and also working on color.

For current SOP - the pair I am currently showing are a 92.95 dog and 93.30 bitch. I have a few litters due on Tuesday.

For color -
I've got all 6 genes (B b K k S sp)
In my last litters my keepers ranged from 66.90 - 69.50
It's just a lot of waiting for dogs to hit 30 days to breed the next round. I really like the Bis and Tris - so it keeps me motivated.
(I also color breed in a few other breeds so I'm used to the routine.)
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
11/6/2015 7:45:54 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

posted by LeJardin
I'm working with some current SOP dogs
and also working on color.

For current SOP - the pair I am currently showing are a 92.95 dog and 93.30 bitch. I have a few litters due on Tuesday.

For color -
I've got all 6 genes (B b K k S sp)
In my last litters my keepers ranged from 66.90 - 69.50
It's just a lot of waiting for dogs to hit 30 days to breed the next round. I really like the Bis and Tris - so it keeps me motivated.
(I also color breed in a few other breeds so I'm used to the routine.)

I know nothing about color genetics (in real life I am a golden person) so I would appreciate any help you can give me and others like me! I love your fields and have had a litter with one and have two more litters due out of your dogs tomorrow.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.