Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Confused...
 Top Of the Moon
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/7/2015 7:16:20 PM reply with quote send message to Top Of the Moon Object to Post   

So I just started and I've been reading a lot of the different beginner forum posts. I'm still not understanding what I'm doing. I get that you session to ,are dogs better. The sop does that improve with sessions? And after sessions, what do you do. I know I entered a few shows and did not do well with leaving as owner, so used handler and got 2nd in show. If I start understanding, I might be willing to get subscription beyond basic. What am I supposed to do?
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2015 7:38:28 PM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post

Hi! Welcome to the game. The SOP is a percentage that the dog is born with. That doesn't change with sessions. The training sessions only effect the dogs confirmation skills (Show obedience, condition, muscle tone and coat condition). Those all have to be 20 in order to do well in the shows.

When entering the shows you have to look at the judges preferences. Some prefer that the owner handle the dog and others prefer a specific group of handlers. So you would enter your dog and then look on the right side of the page for their preferred handlers. You want to pick the ones with the highest rating you can from that list. The ratings for handlers go from 1 being the best so the higher the number the lower the ability of that handler. For example, a handler at 7 is better than a handler that is 27.

I hope that helps.
-Serenity happy :)
 Top Of the Moon
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2015 7:45:38 PM reply with quote send message to Top Of the Moon Object to Post

So when you are out of sessions what do you do? I mean I feel like there is not much to do after you session dogs, enter dogs, and choose handlers.
 Myths
Basic User

Basic User
11/7/2015 7:49:43 PM reply with quote send message to Myths Object to Post

If you have more dogs to session than you have sessions, you can place a bid on more for the next day through the sessions page.

However, I think you might mean what you can do to play after you're finished sessioning/entering dogs. Personally I'm always excited to see my show results the next day, and if you purchase a subscription you can breed dogs to try and improve the breed's SOP in order to get a more competitive show prospect. That's the man focus of the game for premium members, though for basics it's more of a showing focus.

If you purchase a subscription you can also breed for certain traits within a breed (to get them closer to a 10.0 perfect score) or for colors as in some breeds there are colors that are more rare than others.

Alternatively you can just lurk in the forums/chat room, that's usually what I end up doing throughout the day. XD
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2015 8:34:41 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

a lot of the game is more strategy and planning.
so once you have sessioned the dogs you want to show, picked shows, handlers, food ect then you would be looking to plan what you want to breed for, how you will get it, who will you breed it ect
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/8/2015 8:35:09 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

its easyer when you have lots of dogs I think as you then have more to do and think about.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 12:59:02 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2015 3:00:12 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

Sorry, was answering a different post

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/30/2015 3:03:49 PM
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2015 7:28:22 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

posted by Top Of the Moon
So I just started and I've been reading a lot of the different beginner forum posts. I'm still not understanding what I'm doing. I get that you session to ,are dogs better. The sop does that improve with sessions? And after sessions, what do you do. I know I entered a few shows and did not do well with leaving as owner, so used handler and got 2nd in show. If I start understanding, I might be willing to get subscription beyond basic. What am I supposed to do?
Start small, as basic just do one breed and best way to learn is with dogs others sell that can be finished. Think of SOP as genetics, training and food, exercise don't change what a dogs born with.
Limit yourself to 2-3 dogs as you learn.
 midnitemystique
Basic User

Basic User
12/16/2015 7:53:09 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post

I have dogs that are at *16 after sessions. have been there for 3 days even after sessions?? Why are the training, coat, etc. NOT going up? And why the * next to number?
 Gone Viral
Basic User

Basic User
2/16/2018 7:39:13 PM reply with quote send message to Gone Viral Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Xi-Chi
Hi! Welcome to the game. The SOP is a percentage that the dog is born with. That doesn't change with sessions. The training sessions only effect the dogs confirmation skills (Show obedience, condition, muscle tone and coat condition). Those all have to be 20 in order to do well in the shows.

When entering the shows you have to look at the judges preferences. Some prefer that the owner handle the dog and others prefer a specific group of handlers. So you would enter your dog and then look on the right side of the page for their preferred handlers. You want to pick the ones with the highest rating you can from that list. The ratings for handlers go from 1 being the best so the higher the number the lower the ability of that handler. For example, a handler at 7 is better than a handler that is 27.

I hope that helps.
-Serenity happy :)

These are so helpful to new players!

-----
Last edited by Gone Viral on 2/16/2018 7:42:32 PM

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class