Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Two new UKC CHs!
 Phlossy
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/9/2015 5:17:42 PM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post   

I'm pretty pleased. We decided to try UKC again after a pretty much disastrous first attempt a couple years ago (disorganized, unpleasant grounds, I got sick, etc). Well... a very dear friend of mine convinced me to come out to another show a little bit ago and we had a really good time and met some great people. We weren't super successful, but we had so much fun we decided to go to another show.

We just finished up the weekend in Frenchtown, NJ at the North Jersey Kennel Club shows... and we brought home two new champions! happy :)

Aksyl is now pointed with AKC, a UKC CH, an ICKC International Grand Champion, and an ICKC Intercontinental Champion Silver. If I'm correct he also finishes out the year as the #1 boxer ICKC.

Ellie is also pointed with AKC, a UKC CH, an ICKC International Champion, and an ICKC Intercontinental Champion Bronze.

Our next goal is to put a UKC Rally title on Ellie, get her CGC, and possibly do some barn hunt with her. I think she'd really enjoy barn hunt. We don't have any definitive plans for what to do next with AJ. He may be going out with a handler for AKC next year. In the mean time, between now and March, we plan on doing the health testing we need (especially for Ellie).

I'll update with pictures when I have them. happy :)
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2015 9:48:40 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Congratulations!! I look forward to seeing the pictures.

krisk
 Rakkaus
Basic User

Basic User
11/9/2015 10:22:30 PM reply with quote send message to Rakkaus Object to Post

Congrats again, love!
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/9/2015 11:22:30 PM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Very cool!
 High Tea
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 10:54:42 AM reply with quote send message to High Tea Object to Post

Good luck with your health testing ... expensive but VERY important (much more important than titles). Good for you for being so responsible!
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2015 11:37:43 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

I haven't bought the photos (yet) so I'm just going to share a link to the photographer's page. I have the only boxers in the album, so they're easy to find, lol. Please excuse my puffy face. I have a jaw abscess at the moment so my face is all swelled up and scary looking... Also, my little natural eared girl is going into season so she decided to go all funky-topline-and-rear-what-rear. Lol.

https://terrihirschphotography.smugmug.com/NJKC-November-2015/

I'm really very excited to get their health testing done. She's due to be bred next year if all goes right and I'm looking forward to the pitter patter of little paws. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.