Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Rations
 Top Of the Moon
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/14/2015 3:29:33 PM reply with quote send message to Top Of the Moon Object to Post   

I was wondering if the dog good helps? Does Top Dog Muscle Tone Formula actually help with muscle? I have not seen any change? What do i need to do other then sessions? Will the diet actually help?
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/14/2015 6:15:13 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

Yes, food is very important.

Have you read this?

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=391848

rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/14/2015 6:18:01 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

If you are sessioning for show as a basic - you're going to want to go with something that helps across the board - like Super Duper.
 Top Of the Moon
Basic User

Basic User
11/14/2015 8:05:51 PM reply with quote send message to Top Of the Moon Object to Post

I've been sessioning this dog, but muscle still is low. So I have been using the muscle ration, but have not really seen it increase.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/14/2015 11:58:28 PM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

posted by Top Of the Moon
I've been sessioning this dog, but muscle still is low. So I have been using the muscle ration, but have not really seen it increase.
You need to session it also, it does help!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 12:27:25 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

It will be the best you can get for muscle tone, however it won't have as much effect as a custom ration.
Also some breeds take longer to get traits sessioned up. So it could be for that breed muscle tone needs more work than other breeds.
 Sun Dale
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 1:24:35 AM reply with quote send message to Sun Dale Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

posted by Guiding Senjis
posted by Top Of the Moon
You need to session it also, it does help!

It says she's been sessioning it.

-----
Last edited by Sun Dale on 11/15/2015 2:17:07 AM
 Top Of the Moon
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 10:27:48 AM reply with quote send message to Top Of the Moon Object to Post

I have been sessioning all three (obedience, muscle, and coat). The muscle is still 2 to 3 points lower than the coat / obedience, even with feeding muscle ration.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 11:38:14 AM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

It might be helpful if you give a link to the dog in question.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/15/2015 3:41:38 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

In my experience muscle ration does nothing at all
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/15/2015 8:19:49 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

The three factors - Condition, Muscle, and coat all go up at different rates.

In my experience, Condition generally hits 20 first. It is not effected by any sessioning, just food quality.

Coat hits 20 next. Start with a good food and session. Once coat hits 17 or 18, you can stop sessioning if you want and the food will keep it going up although more slowly. Sessioning is more expensive than the good food! (Sure wish I could stop grooming my real dog and have his coat get better and better anyway - lol.)

Muscle takes a bit longer but good food and sessioning will will keep it going up.

Training generally takes the longest and it seems the most breed dependant. There is no food benefit to training, all sessions.

As you get closer to 20, the changes happen more slowly. Don't dispair if your dog is showing a 19 for several days.

Note - it is normal for muscle to be behind coat. I would not change your food to try to move it faster.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/15/2015 8:24:13 PM

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.