.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Molly's second litter and birthday
 krisk
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/21/2015 4:30:45 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post   

this post has been edited 3 time(s)

Well today is Molly's 4th birthday, so a very happy birthday to my Monkey Doodle. Also yesterday Molly had her second (and final) litter. We again ran into issues with delivery and she ended up having a c-section. 5 puppies 2 boys and 3 girls. We had a fair bit of bleeding this time and have made the decision to retire Molly from our breeding program. Her next surgery will be a spay. We were once again very lucky and grateful (grateful to Crestwood Vet.Center and their outstanding care). When they opened Molly up, all puppies had already seperated from their placentas and had deficated in their sacks due to stress. We have two pups that were very congested and are on antibiotics (so please keep them in your thoughts), but they are doing well today. The two smallest came in at 20 ounces and the biggest (a girl) came in at 24 ounces.

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v148/krisk/krisk043/Molly%20and%20pups%20second%20litter_zpsvznqjaak.jpg[/IMG]

krisk

-----
Last edited by krisk on 11/21/2015 4:32:32 PM
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2015 5:04:36 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Best wishes for Molly and pups- cant wait to see more pictures as they grow!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2015 5:25:11 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

What an eventful time for you!

Definitely sounds as though spaying her is the best option considering she's not had straightforward deliveries. At least you've got some fantastic pups out of her first litter and hopefully out of this one too happy :)

All the best for a speedy recovery for both mum and bubs happy :)
 kiroja
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/22/2015 4:11:57 AM reply with quote send message to kiroja Object to Post

Fingers crossed everything continues to go well. Congrats on the babies! Nice size pups, cant wait to see how the little munchkins look. happy :)

Kelli
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2015 12:13:29 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

What a nightmare! I'm surprised any of them are still alive and have my fingers crossed for you. I'm surprised they didn't do the spay while she was already open under anaesthetic. Poor girl, hope she isn't too uncomfortable.
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2015 3:27:14 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Best wishes for the puppies and Molly too. Can't wait to watch them grow up, Molly's always been a favorite of mine, I love her type for a GSD.

May I ask who you bred her to this time?

-----
Last edited by Summerwind Kennels on 11/22/2015 3:27:36 PM
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 10:47:46 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Thanks everyone. This was a repeat of her last breeding. We really liked what we got temperment and quality wise, but I was looking for a girl. So this time is wonderful to have three to choose from. The litter is out of BIS GCh.Kaleef's Giacomo Champeon x GCh.Sunflower's PrettyInPink Frost.
www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/dog.html?id=2322914-giacomomolly-puppies-sunflowerchilco-kennels

krisk
 GraceInGlory
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/26/2015 10:58:19 AM reply with quote send message to GraceInGlory Object to Post

Congratulations! Though poor Molly and you, how stressful. I hope they all continue to do well for you. I'm looking forward to seeing puppy updates too. happy :)
 SureShot
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 12:17:45 PM reply with quote send message to SureShot Object to Post

Congrats and best wishes! Crestwood is a great vet clinic.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.