.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : Show Rabbit
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/23/2015 11:21:00 AM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post   

Just wondering how many of you have tried Show Rabbit yet? It's a great game with super-friendly and helpful players. It hasn't got a premium level so everyone starts out with full capabilities. There are features you can purchase but a lot of really successful players have stayed with their original 10 hutch barn and are breeding great, competitive rabbits. Lots of breeds to chose from and the good rabbits are for sale MUCH cheaper than "starter" rabbits so you don't have to start at the bottom. If you want a quick fix of genetics (rabbits can be bred as soon as they have delivered their last litter) come on over and give it a go!
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 4:39:21 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Link
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 5:05:13 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I agree, www.showrabbits.com is great fun! Everybody is so happy to help get you started in any breed you want to join!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 6:24:24 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Hmm - certainly sounds interesting - I might have to take a look happy :)
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/23/2015 6:35:35 PM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I play as Rule Breaker Rabbitry.

I agree, it's a great game.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/23/2015 8:47:50 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I'm "JustLooking", Dutch.
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2015 10:34:33 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Rabbit Rabbit ... Lionheads happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2015 11:02:31 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm Kovert. I have three silvers and a bid in on a Harlequin. happy :)
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/24/2015 1:19:19 PM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I might give it a shot. I used to be on ShowCats and TrophyHorse but ran out of $$4. LOL
 barbars kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2015 9:41:38 PM reply with quote send message to barbars kennel Object to Post

Might have to try it. Can't get show cats to load
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 5:32:58 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Just joined SR - anyone want to mentor me? - not sure what breed I fancy, maybe Belgian Hares? Anything considered.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/26/2015 10:33:36 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Just joined in the Holland Lop breed - my user is Little River Rabbits happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 11:31:43 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

When you first join, find the "New to Showrabbits" post that's usually in the latest topics. That is so full of helpful information.

It is different from the other sims, but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 12:25:39 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Have read the post - must be me, it's just going over my head. Can't find a list of rabbits for sale, no idea how much/how to bid on an auction rabbit. What are the hutches for ie how many rabbits do I put in each hutch? I don't think I'm in the right frame of mind for it atm unfortunately, will try and do better happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/26/2015 1:55:22 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Auction:
Left Sidebar under "Market"
On the right is a list of breeds available and how many are listed.
Prices are generally pretty low but that will vary greatly with breed.
Bid 1 coin, 2 coins, and so on - whatever the minimum bid is or one coin more than the previous bidder to begin.

Private Treaty:
This is similar to the "Dogs for Sale" on ShowDog.
There is a "Select Breed" drop down on the right.
I'd use the auction prices as a guide or write to the breeder and ask what they would find acceptable.

The 'definition' of a hutch has changed somewhat since the beginning.
Hutches/Barns are just sort of packages of so many spots, room for adult rabbits.
You will be given a 10-spot barn to begin. You can then buy a 2-spot 'hutch' or another 10-spot barn. There's also a 50-spot barn. It's like buying the expansion room on ShowDog (increase your capacity from 30 to 35). (If you are buying additional capacity, the smaller units are much more expensive per spot than the larger units. Don't rush to expand until you know how big you want to be. (I have 22 and find that works well. Others have 100 and more.)

Best In Show winners have been getting BIS Hutches which add two to the overall capacity for the winner. These are the 2-spot 'hutches' that you can buy. They are just added capacity.

There are several ShowDog folks over there. I'm 'JustLooking'. Check the show results (left sidebar) to find breeders.

Oh, and we have the ability to 'give' stuff to other players - rabbits and coins )and possibly in the near future hutches/capacity too). So, if you want I'm sure I can spare a Dutch bunny or two to get you started. 'Giving' is pretty common - they breed, well like rabbits (lol).

www.showrabbits.com/general/user_information.aspx?user=JustLooking

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 11/26/2015 2:02:28 PM
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2015 12:33:07 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Gaylan, thank you so much for explaining things so clearlyhappy :). It is extremely kind of you to offer me a bunny. I will message you on SR next time I am on. I am Bunnikins on SR.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/29/2015 8:48:48 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Is anyone else getting a page saying "This page has too many redirect loops"? I can't even access SR sad :(
 GaylanStudio9
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/29/2015 10:27:18 PM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio9 Object to Post

No problem for me. I just left SR and it seems to be working fine.

Just a guess - close your browser and start again.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/30/2015 5:09:04 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

I tried it when they first opened it but I didn't like how it revolved around buying coins constantly.
What with no one buying the rabbits I soon ran out of coins to get food and do other stuff. So it wasn't a sort of game I could play unless I wanted to keep paying for coins to to anything.
I'd rather pay an amount then be able to keep the full amount of dogs rather than having to limit myself to minimal playing.

Don't know if they have changed anything since then.

Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2015 12:05:49 AM reply with quote send message to Object to Post edit post

I started with SR out of curiosity when it started - thst's where the name "JustLooking" came from.

I prefer the subscription format myself but it's not as bad as you might think Vallhunds.

If you watch your population and buy the feed sack it's no more expensive than ShowDog. You initially get space for ten adult rabbits free. I added space for another 12, so I have room for 22. If I keep to that limit, give or take a few bunnies, I buy a feed sack ($6.95 real money) ever 6 to 8 weeks or so, and that's about the only time I buy the coins.

There is no entry fee for the shows and studs are (depending on breed) fairly cheap. You can earn a few coins through participation in discussions in the forums, stud fees, sales and show wins.

I think the biggest plus is that you can tailor your expenses to match your budget/committment to the game. Keep it small and you can play with reasonable success on 2 or 3 real dollars a month. If you want a big operation, well you can do that too but it's gonna cost you more.

Oddly, I think this could also be it's downfall. Some folks are going to be willing to sink all kinds of money into this and the small operations are going to struggle to compete. So far, the big operations have been more than willing to help out the little/new operations. opefully, it will stay that way. The game allows the giving of rabbits and coins to other players, but everyone is limited to one account.
 Silk N Denim Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/2/2015 12:51:04 AM reply with quote send message to Silk N Denim Terriers Object to Post

I actually prefer the format we have on SR more so than the monthly subscription.

When my husband was laid off I only got to keep my SD premium account because my Uncle paid for 6 months as a bday gift. I know $5 isn't a lot of money but sometimes it's a huge amount.

I actually make enough from sales, stud fees, and show winnings to buy a feed sack every few months.

Jeff said early on that to make it on SR without spending real money you were going to have to be a part of the community. I love that part.

Replies in this thread : 21
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.