Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Struggling to finish
 Kommander
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/26/2015 12:29:36 PM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post   

Once again I find myself with a dog I can't finish - I've got one with 27 points, all 1 and 2 pointers sad :(
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 2:38:21 PM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

Probably would help if he was fully sessioned and assigned handlers. Good luck with him.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 4:37:58 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Correct.

His Show Obedience needs to be sessioned to 20 or him to be competitive in the ring (It's currently only 16).

You're also not using handlers on him - which makes it a lot harder to finish him.

He should win his Major points a lot quicker if you session him fully and place the correct handlers on him happy :)
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2015 5:22:18 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

You need to stack differently.
Put the handler on the dog you want to get the points instead of the special.

The class dog with the handler will take Best of Breed - which would be a 5 pt major based on the number of dogs you're entering.

If you are entering 3 class dogs, 3 class bitches and a ton of specials and putting the handlers on the specials only - you're never going to get more than 2 points for winners dog / winners bitch.
 Kommander
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2015 5:22:07 AM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post

Thanks all for your comments, I understand fully what you are saying and I don't want him to beat the specials dog tbh.
He just needed more class dogs to compete against. Today he picked up 3 points without a handler so I'm more than happy and another kennel in our breed who's struggling to get majors too got 3 points for their bitch, which I am very pleased about.
Hopefully he'll pick up another major aomewhere in the not too distant future.
 Kommander
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2015 4:52:26 AM reply with quote send message to Kommander Object to Post

Well he finished today - I'm delighted - only took 35 points to do it!! happy :)
 XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/30/2015 9:58:40 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I hear you. I got all excited because my bitch got her 2nd major today, then I realized it's under the same judge as the first. Argh... It's almost as bad as RL.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.