Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Identical twins in my kennel
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/27/2015 5:29:12 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

I had one of those litter glitches with multiple pups (27 I think, can't remember exactly) so I FH most of them however I kept two pups with identical traits and have just started to session them. I named one this week and now have two dogs in my kennel with the same name! I suppose I could try entering a show to see if both dogs get entered (and placed). Any thoughts?

ps I have messaged Jeff asking him to find a home for one of them
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2015 11:41:15 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I remember WindSweptWolf had this issue a while ago, I don't remember if it was ever resolved for her, I would message her and ask!

You could also try to FH one and see if the other disappears too. happy :) You can always undo the FH wink ;)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2015 12:29:07 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I did try to FH one - and yes both disappeared, so I got it (them) back quick
 South Canada
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2015 1:04:09 PM reply with quote send message to South Canada Object to Post

I had this happen with 2 whole litters. I got angry and FHed most of them. In the end I ended up keeping one of them because I wanted him for breeding. He's stayed "cloned" and his shadow follows him everywhere he goes. I named him Glitch. If it makes you feel any better the shadow clone does NOT use a slot in your kennel.

Andrea
(aka WindSweptWolf, Golden Bridge, etc)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
11/29/2015 6:26:35 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Thanks Andrea happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2015 6:40:42 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Still got the two of them, have resent the original request to have one removed to Admin - no reply as yet sad :(
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
12/4/2015 4:00:52 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Jeff finally rehomed one for me happy :) Apparently it's something to do with a 'duplicate gene code'. Glad it's sorted.

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing