.com Forum · Anatolian Shepherd

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Farewell from Ariege Anatolians
 Ariege
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/5/2015 11:17:16 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post   

After many, many years of being heavily involved in Anatolian
Shepherds I have made the decision to leave the breed.

Sadly I just don’t get any enjoyment out of them anymore and feel that a lot of the lines have developed ‘locked’ genes – where nearly every dog looks identical to over half of the population of Tolians.

I’m just getting bored of looking at new dogs and seeing that they just don’t have any diversity anymore. Which is sad – especially since I spent such a long time developing 10.0 Head dogs, as well as my Gait project which has produced many 10.0, 10.1, 10.2, 9.9 and 9.8 Gaited dogs.

I am certain that at some stage in the future I will return to the breed – as it always seems to work that way in Tolians happy :) But for now I will seek out another breed to keep me interested happy :)

A Huge thank you to the following people:

CS Riverflow – A fantastic friend who has stuck with me in many of the same breeds over the past year happy :)

FallenStarz – who has been a fantastic player and also shares many of the same breeds with me – perhaps you can convince me to join one of your other breeds, haha? happy :)

Bergquistd – for your countless stud fees and allowing my boys to procreate so readily with your girls and keeping my bloodlines alive and kicking happy :)

Dead Until Dark – For your friendship, support and long messages that helped to keep me sane during a recent period of hardship.

Achievements in the breed:
124 Champions and 21 Grand Champions bred in the last 2 years.
2 x dogs (GCH CH Ariege – Access Denied and GCH CH Ariege – The Kings Speech) on the All-Time Top Anatolian List.

Dogs for Sale:
I have placed all of my good dogs up for sale on $100, no approval for quick sale. First come – first served. There’s a large number of dogs who are still placing well in shows, as well as a number of dogs who are almost fully sessioned.

GCH CH Ariege – Stairway to Heaven (93.85 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14400619

Currently has 41 GCH points and is still placing well in shows – could easily get to 100GCH points for anyone interested in showing him.

GCH CH Aurora – Dance in the Dark (93.50 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14387720

Currently has 61 GCH Points – and again – still placing well in shows. Will easily reach 100 GCH points. Would love to see him reach this.

Almost fully sessioned dogs:

Ariege – Raised by Wolves (93.60 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14476561

Ariege – Silence of Shadows (93.80 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14476577

Ariege – Spirit Bound – 10.0 (93.60 %) This girl has a 10.0 in Head.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14476979

Ariege – Touch of Frost – 10.0 (93.60 %) – This boy has a 10.0 in Head.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14476981

Aurora – Zone of Interest (93.85 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14478988
Partially sessioned pups:

Ariege – On My Way Home (93.75 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14517833

Ariege – Mistaken Identity (93.80 %)
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14517800

I also have a number of dogs with:
9.5 temps
10.5 temps
10.4 FQs
10.5 FQs
10.0 Heads
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
12/5/2015 11:27:11 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Oh no sad :( I'm sorry to lose you!! You've been such an amazing asset to the breed, you'll be deeply missed.

Shoot me a message with what you're looking for and I'll see if any of my current breeds suit what you're looking for!
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2015 2:44:09 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

So sorry to see you leave! Fallen has more than enough breeds to help you out! laugh :D
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
12/6/2015 6:26:08 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Sorry to see you go-you have had an incredible influence on the breed. I'm slowly working my way back into SD as my puppy gets old enough to not get into trouble if unsupervised for 2.3 seconds, but still not back full time. I know Canaan dogs are hurting if you want to give them a try-I have some good breeding stock for show lines, as well as a ton of color breeding. Hope you find something that keeps your interest!

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.