Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : Prices of purchased source dogs...?
 Calishire
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/21/2015 1:59:55 AM reply with quote send message to Calishire Object to Post   

What determines the prices for the breeds of purchased source dogs? There's definitely a massive difference (over $1000 v. $20), so I'm a bit curious. Thank you!

Calishire
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2015 5:30:24 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I'm fairly sure it's in reference to:

- the number of dogs of that breed currently in the game

and

- the number of dog sales of that breed in the past month

I'll see if I can find reference to it somewhere ...
 In The Ghetto
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2015 10:32:20 AM reply with quote send message to In The Ghetto Object to Post

I believe it has to do with how many starts have been bought in the last month. Canaans would frequently get up to $500 but if everyone stopped buying source dogs for a while, the prices would drop to way below $100 happy :)
 Stoneylands
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2015 12:57:06 PM reply with quote send message to Stoneylands Object to Post

I thought it was based on the number of dogs listed for sale in the particular breed and the balance of kennels in that breed.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2015 2:49:59 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I'm 99% certain that it's related to the number of dogs for sale.
I source bred Brittanys awhile back and remember asking other kennels to pull sales for a week or so to drop the prices.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/21/2015 2:49:59 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I'm 99% certain that it's related to the number of dogs for sale.
I source bred Brittanys awhile back and remember asking other kennels to pull sales for a week or so to drop the prices.
 midnitemystique
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2017 8:17:48 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post

there are only 25 for sale in the breed currently and over 1/2 of those are a players that has Left the game. So, no chance in asking those to be removed from sales. but $4,200 is a bit ridiculous for any dog... I am really trying to get a hold of a particular color that I have not seen in the game... Will continue watching to see if it will drop below the $500 mark.
 midnitemystique
Basic User

Basic User
6/16/2017 8:29:38 AM reply with quote send message to midnitemystique Object to Post

Now I cannot figure Out where I even located the place to purchase source dogs.... How in the world did I find it the other day but cannot find it today?
 Millton
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2017 11:52:54 PM reply with quote send message to Millton Object to Post

It's on your Account page, way down at the bottom on the right hand side
 Hawkeye Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/19/2017 7:36:39 AM reply with quote send message to Hawkeye Kennel Object to Post

Chinese Shar-Peis are only $40, loving it at the moment! laugh :D
 Calix
Basic User

Basic User
1/29/2018 6:04:35 PM reply with quote send message to Calix Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

$40 for Toy Fox Terriers too! Taking advantage and starting a color project!

-----
Last edited by Calix on 1/29/2018 6:04:55 PM
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/16/2018 8:34:28 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Where do you buy source dogs?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/16/2018 8:54:52 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

posted by Caulfeilds Kennels
Where do you buy source dogs?
www.showdog.com/users/newstarters.aspx
 Caulfeilds Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2018 2:14:49 PM reply with quote send message to Caulfeilds Kennels Object to Post

Thanks Comet.
I wonder why they are so expensive?
I checked the price of a Welsh Springer bitch and she was over $700.

Since there are only 2 active breeders of Welshies, I don't count this kennel as I don't show, why are they so pricey, I wonder?
 Comet Poodles
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/17/2018 2:40:34 PM reply with quote send message to Comet Poodles Object to Post

As said above, it is due to the amount of dogs for sale and the amount of dogs currently in the breed overall.

For example, the breed at the bottom of the competition rank (Curly-Coated Retriever) is $20 while Boxers (#1) will be $2,509.37+.

Replies in this thread : 14

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.