Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Question on sessions
 Half Full Black Moon
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/29/2015 7:13:02 PM reply with quote send message to Half Full Black Moon Object to Post   

All the time I see these large kennels with many dogs & think "how are they sessioning all of them?" Is there ever a point where a dog shouldnt/doesnt need to be sessioned, aside from the obvious of having all 20s?
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2015 8:51:42 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Only dogs that will be shown should be sessioned. Bitches should have condition of 20 before breeding but don't need to be sessioned, just fed a good food. Stud dogs who will not be shown can eat old boy and don't need to be sessioned because their condition does not get passed on to puppies.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2015 8:58:52 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

A dog should only be sessioned if you plan on showing it in either conformation or obedience shows.

You can receive a maximum of 22 sessions per day (if you buy an additional 10 on top of the 12 you get already).

So in theory you can only have a max of 7 dogs receiving 3 sessions each per day. As the dogs get further along in their sessioning you can just use food to help their numbers hit 20 and therefore start using those sessions on other dogs.

I have anywhere from 5-15 dogs being sessioned at any one time in each of my kennels - all of which will be shown to their titles.
 country meadow
Basic User

Basic User
12/29/2015 10:45:11 PM reply with quote send message to country meadow Object to Post

So if I have a dog on premium food I don't have to use the conditioning session on them at what point can you stop sessioning and let food do the work
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
12/30/2015 5:20:14 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

You can stop sessioning for coat and muscle when they hit 18 or 19, and just let the food do the work. (You can do it earlier, but it takes flrever to increase on food alone).

I'm generally too impatient - so I keep them on a 1666 food til they reach 20, then I stop sessioning.
 country meadow
Basic User

Basic User
12/30/2015 10:50:05 AM reply with quote send message to country meadow Object to Post

Thank you
 Half Full Black Moon
Basic User

Basic User
12/30/2015 1:23:01 PM reply with quote send message to Half Full Black Moon Object to Post

Thank you for the replies!
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 9:05:53 AM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

You can actually stop sessioning most breeds by 15 in muscle and coat-depending on how long you want to wait for them to be ready to show. I've found some breeds you can stop as low as 12 in coat and they will still rise pretty quickly on the highest food.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing