Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Excited for show ring 2016
 Valley oak
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/1/2016 6:57:06 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post   

Show aussies and my first show boy has finally been getting a good look the last few shows then the holidays so there has been a lapse in shows....also welcomed a new family member and he is dripping with type.
Who else has dogs showing in 2016 that you can't wait to bring out?!
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 8:04:03 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Yes we are looking forward to showing in 2016. GCh.Codie and GCh.Molly will be coming out to be selectively specialed (this is Codie's last year, as next year he moves up to Veteran and possibly Molly's last year too as we are looking to have her spayed after her two c-sections this year). Seelie and his sister Stamp will be trying to finish their Championships (both being half way there from last year). Bug and her sister Stamp will hopefully do some obedience. And Molly's daughter Bella (and possibly one other sibling) will make their ring debutes as puppies. For those who don't know, these are all German Shepherd Dogs.

krisk
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 8:15:36 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Two of my Dandie puppies are going to make their debut this year once they grow some furnishings ... they are both very fancy! Dandies are very slow to mature so don't usually hit the ring too young happy :)
 Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 9:26:50 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

posted by krisk
Yes we are looking forward to showing in 2016. GCh.Codie and GCh.Molly will be coming out to be selectively specialed (this is Codie's last year, as next year he moves up to Veteran and possibly Molly's last year too as we are looking to have her spayed after her two c-sections this year). Seelie and his sister Stamp will be trying to finish their Championships (both being half way there from last year). Bug and her sister Stamp will hopefully do some obedience. And Molly's daughter Bella (and possibly one other sibling) will make their ring debutes as puppies. For those who don't know, these are all German Shepherd Dogs.

krisk

Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 9:27:18 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

I saw some of your photos of the pups in another post, very cute!!!
 Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/1/2016 9:29:43 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

posted by Acclamation
Two of my Dandie puppies are going to make their debut this year once they grow some furnishings ... they are both very fancy! Dandies are very slow to mature so don't usually hit the ring too young happy :)
How fun, I am new to dog showing and although my first "son" is lovely he was sold as a pet and ended up being showy and winning quite a bit on and off and the breeder helped a lot with mentoring me. Now I have taken one of their other dogs who is stunning and he will be campaigned more seriously, so excited!! How long have you been showing yours and what age do they typically enter the ring?
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2016 1:30:38 AM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

I received my first GSD when I was 12 years old (he was a pet), he got me in the door of showing (so to speak) as we did obedience. I am from a smaller community so many of "dog" people came together. The breeder I received my dog from and another GSD breeder saw my interest in the breed and fed it from there. I got my first look at conformation and even stepped in the ring the first time with one of their dogs. By 18 I had my first Champion. I have been showing GSDs for over 20 years now, but it was just over 2 years ago that I bred my first litter under my own Kennel name (up until that point I had leased my bitch back to the breeder for a puppy back each time).

Here is my line up for this year (minus the new pups).

Passion for dogs runs in my blood though. My kennel name was signed over to me from my Grandmother when she got out of dogs. She used to breed/show/race Siberian Huskies and was instrumental in getting the Karalean Bear Dog (it is now spelled with a C in Canada) recognised in Canada and had the first Can.Champion in the breed which she imported from Finland. She still helps evaluate my litters and is going to co-own my new pup.

krisk
 Valley oak
Basic User

Basic User
1/2/2016 5:01:17 PM reply with quote send message to Valley oak Object to Post

this post has been edited 13 time(s)

Lovely shepherds! They all look very nice and the pups which I saw in another post looked promising...so hard to tell, wish they were born with an SOP like on here :P

These are my two boys Finn the Blue Merle who has been doing well, like shepherds its a very competitive breed and he has been slow to develop but he is getting pulled for WD second looks and also winning most classes. The black tri is Dawson, he's my up and coming super star....his movement and type are to die for!

-----
Last edited by Valley oak on 1/2/2016 5:24:23 PM
 RockyMtn
Basic User

Basic User
2/2/2016 11:19:50 PM reply with quote send message to RockyMtn Object to Post

Valley can I ask what area you are in and who you got your dogs from? You can pm. I show aussies. Have been for awhile always happy to meet new aussie friends.
 Spellcraft Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/3/2016 2:36:59 PM reply with quote send message to Spellcraft Kennel Object to Post

My plans for Vendetta in 2016 (after recovering from her surgery next month) are to get more IPO3's, her breed survey, novice agility titles, and an FH ( advance tracking).

For Khaleesi I want to get her IPO2 and 3, breed survey, and agility titles.

My puppy will be too young for anything this year, but next year I want to get an RN and BH.

With my border collie, I will finally be able to do Novice and Pro-Novice level herding, maybe higher. He got an obstruction and infection that knocked him out of the summer trials last year.
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/3/2016 2:47:56 PM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Beautiful, functional bitches.Good luck with the IPO

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.