.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : New Puppy :-)
 Ixion
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/4/2016 9:26:30 PM reply with quote send message to Ixion Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I remember you guys on here being really good at helping out with names......it's been awhile since I've been on SD so not sure how many will remember me. wink ;)

Here's the new baby boy......or little dude as he's currently called til I can come up with some sort of name, lol. He's a 13 week old black and tan afghan hound puppy. Any help with callnamees & registered name suggestions are appreciated. happy :) No theme that I'm aware of......

Not the best pictures I know.....only have had him since last night when my boyfriend surprised me with him, lol. He thought I needed a new puppy to get back into the show ring with. So only cellphone shots for now.

-----
Last edited by Ixion on 1/4/2016 9:29:06 PM
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 10:02:22 PM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Awww, he's adorable! What a great surprise.
How are the girls, Taboo and Calypso? And your toy poodles that you co-owned?

I'll think on the names...

My last show puppy's registered name was Private Enagagement, we called him Logan

Maybe Motivation, since he's meant to get you can into the ring
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 10:32:57 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

Congratulations! So how did he know which breeder you wanted to deal with?! Love his markings ... never seen a B&T Afghan and I'm sure it will be stunning. Will he do agility when he's old enough too? What do your other dogs think?
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 10:43:30 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

That is awesome! I am so happy for you. Can't wait for more photos.

krisk
 Ixion
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 10:55:03 PM reply with quote send message to Ixion Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

posted by Acclamation
Congratulations! So how did he know which breeder you wanted to deal with?! Love his markings ... never seen a B&T Afghan and I'm sure it will be stunning. Will he do agility when he's old enough too? What do your other dogs think?
Thanks! happy :) Well he's gone with me to a few specialties and knew the dogs I was drooling over.....lol. Once I figure out s name I'll formally introduce him. happy :)He's observant what can I say. I need to find him an awesome black GSD when the time comes (can you help me Krisk laugh :D ) he will do agility eventually.....conformation & lure coursing first tho.

-----
Last edited by Ixion on 1/4/2016 10:58:36 PM
 Ixion
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 11:01:46 PM reply with quote send message to Ixion Object to Post

posted by krisk
That is awesome! I am so happy for you. Can't wait for more photos.

krisk

Stay tuned!!! Waiting to say anything on FB till I get a couple better photos & a registered name......I'll post pics on here too.
 Ixion
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 11:04:13 PM reply with quote send message to Ixion Object to Post

posted by Summerwind Kennels
Awww, he's adorable! What a great surprise.
How are the girls, Taboo and Calypso? And your toy poodles that you co-owned?

I'll think on the names...

My last show puppy's registered name was Private Enagagement, we called him Logan

Maybe Motivation, since he's meant to get you can into the ring

Everyone is doing well, Calypso is 12 next month & Taboo is 9.5 yrs. Daisy the poodle broke her leg so no more agility.....and Ella is Ella lol. I'll find photos of everyone and post some tomorrow....
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2016 1:26:46 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Can't wait to see more pictures! I missed seeing pictures of Calypso and Taboo on here. He looks like he's all legs right now! laugh :D Congrats on your new little guy! happy :)
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/5/2016 8:02:02 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

You should call him Inky. Or if you like The Beatles as much as I do, Ringo laugh :D That's what I wanted to call my puppy but my dad found it too silly..I like it though...or you could call him Starsky or Bucky, a cute name like that happy :) Midnight? Just throwing them out :P
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2016 4:04:50 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Wow, Taboo is 9 already. That is crazy. I know Calypso is getting up there (she was about the same age as Connor). But every time I picture Taboo, I remember that young dog you did agility with. She just always looked very young to me. Give me a shout when you start to look. If everything falls into place and the stars align in a couple years I will be breeding Seelie to Bella...blacks could be possible, it would all depend on Bella (as we know Seelie carries the black factor). wink ;)

krisk
 Ixion
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2016 4:30:40 PM reply with quote send message to Ixion Object to Post

posted by krisk
Wow, Taboo is 9 already. That is crazy. I know Calypso is getting up there (she was about the same age as Connor). But every time I picture Taboo, I remember that young dog you did agility with. She just always looked very young to me. Give me a shout when you start to look. If everything falls into place and the stars align in a couple years I will be breeding Seelie to Bella...blacks could be possible, it would all depend on Bella (as we know Seelie carries the black factor). wink ;)

krisk

Taboo at 9 1/2 is still pretty active, not really showing any signs of slowing down anytime soon. Calypso is starting to really show her age sadly.....she's really started to decline over the last few months....Zeus, our resident GSD is 11 and really starting to show his age too. I'd love to work something out with you Krisk, always loved the look of your GSD's! The BF I know is very set on wanting a black one for his next one, lol. So going to try and do my best to locate a nice quality one to bring home that I can do obedience & agility with lol.
 ShoStopper
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2016 1:13:12 AM reply with quote send message to ShoStopper Object to Post

Congratulations! He's lovely!

I remember you from the old days -- I don't post too much anymore either-- but I had to sign in just to say that I'm excited to hear more about this fellow! I've always admired the breed and enjoyed Taboo and Calypso's photos. I'm very curious about his pedigree, and I really like what I see so far, so if you're at all amenable to sharing, could I bother you in a PM?

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.