Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : My First GSD litter
 Spellcraft Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
1/4/2016 10:14:37 PM reply with quote send message to Spellcraft Kennel Object to Post   

Well, it went a little different than I hoped when I ultrasounded my girl to confirm the litter. My vet found a large kidney cyst that is putting pressure on half of her uterus which caused a small litter. I did have a perfect little male born that is either a bicolor or a very dark black and tan. The mother Vendetta (G Vendetta van den Heuvel IPO3 PD1 P2 RN) is a wonderful example of a true working german shepherd, and I just love my perfect girl. I hope the puppy is just like her, and he will be my next competition dog.

krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2016 10:39:15 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Wow, what a special baby, hope all continues to go well for them. How is mom doing with the cyst now? Anything they can do for it?

krisk
 Spellcraft Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/4/2016 10:52:52 PM reply with quote send message to Spellcraft Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I made an appointment with the vet in 10 weeks for another ultrasound and bloodwork and then surgery a couple days after that. The vet want to wait until a month after weaning. It kind of depends on what it looks like when he goes in. Worst case, she will lose her kidney. Best case is he can drain and dehood the cyst (remove and burn the membrane around the kidney that is overstretched). Thankfully the cyst isn't genetic but just bad luck. It also gives me an answer about why she doesn't like to sit in training and competing, and why she can be kind of weird every once in a while. When they are that big, it can effect blood pressure and cause pain.

In every day life, you wouldn't know she has anything wrong with her. I only know from training and how she likes to push herself physically.

-----
Last edited by Spellcraft Kennel on 1/4/2016 10:56:24 PM
 krisk
Basic User

Basic User
1/5/2016 4:00:00 PM reply with quote send message to krisk Object to Post

Glad to hear there is something they can do. It will be interesting to see how different she is after. Thank goodness it is has been found. I look forward to seeing the baby grow.

krisk

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing