Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 15

Author Topic : How did you come up with your affix(es)
 jaime1985
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/13/2016 1:43:47 PM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post   

My first affix was Titan for American Staffordshire terriers, I picked it because I thought it portrayed strength and nobility.

My current affix Ozlok for Harriers and Spinones is a portmaneau of my two cats names (Ozzy and Loki) I thought it might be a bit daft to use my cats names on a dog game but nothing else stood out to me and I think Ozlok has a nice ring to it
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/13/2016 2:24:42 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Mine is a combination of two factors. My Kennel initials and my in real life initials happy :) LR.
 Halcyon Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2016 2:54:57 PM reply with quote send message to Halcyon Dreams Object to Post

Halcyon is my stud name in real life. I breed and show fancy rats.
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2016 3:24:28 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

My first show dog was named after an artist so I thought using the word 'artistry' would be a nice way to honor him. I decided to change the spelling a little to Artistri to make it unique.
 RockyMtn
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2016 7:37:24 PM reply with quote send message to RockyMtn Object to Post

I live near the rocky mountain s so that how I go that one. I have a Cple other kennels that I just thought of simple things to abbreviate for reg names.
 kc meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/13/2016 8:41:34 PM reply with quote send message to kc meadows Object to Post

I live in Kansas City used to have a horse she was stabled at KC Meadows. other kennels are places in KC etc.
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/14/2016 3:04:49 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Mine is a combination of the first 3 letters of my first name Denise, combined with Kees from my favourite breed Keeshonds -- DenKees

My AusWolf kennel comes from abbreviating my signon for that kennel --AussieWolf.

-----
Last edited by Aussiewolfsister on 1/14/2016 3:10:42 AM
 Rensvik
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/14/2016 3:07:21 AM reply with quote send message to Rensvik Object to Post

My kennel name Tanami comes from the Tanami Desert in outback Australia. I wanted an Aussie name -- since I am an Aussie.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2016 4:13:08 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Dalkeith - I watched a movie years ago about a nursing home and its residents. The movie tells the life of each of the amazing residents who lived there and for some reason the movie really stuck with me for all these years. The nursing home was called 'Dalkeith'.

Ariege: I used to like the look of the breed Ariege Pointers - and the name sounds nice to me.

Northern Lightz: I've always loved the phenomenon of the Northern Lights - and named a kennel after it. The prefix is Aurora happy :)

Quileute Legends: I'm obsessed with Native American Indian tribal history as well as wolves and the Twilight series - so I named one of my kennels after the Quileute tribe featured in the Twilight films. (I also named one of my RL dogs after a Twilight character, Emmett) laugh :D

Chaos and Havoc: I used to own and breed rats and one of my girls was called 'Chaos' - so I thought I would name a kennel after her.

Rijbakluva: Shortened word for 'Ridgeback Lover' since I have Ridgies in RL happy :)

Afterburner Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2016 12:55:36 PM reply with quote send message to Afterburner Kennels Object to Post

I'm currently a student pilot & have a passion for airplanes. Hence Afterburner. And it's also my real kennel name happy :)
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2016 1:04:43 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by FallenStarz on 1/14/2016 1:04:53 PM
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2016 3:17:05 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

My prefix here is a mixture of my dogs' names. Tank and Calvin: Tavin

Tenacity I went to thesaurus.com and typed in Tenacity and liked Spunky.

Backwoods I thought of what cliche thing rednecks say so that's Dagum.

Blitz is named after my favorite (American) football team: Seahawks but the prefix is Blitz since it's short.

Gravedigger (not named after the monster truck) has the prefix of Grave so I could have freedom in reusing names if I wanted.

HotSauce is an old kennel so I changed that prefix to Saucy for the same reason as Gravedigger.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
1/14/2016 7:24:31 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

when I first started I shared a kennel with a friend, we named it PrincePompaid after her dogs kennel name. so our affix was PP. eventualy we ran out of room sharing and I got my own kennel so called this one PPVallhunds so I could keep using the PP affix.
 Guiding Senjis
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/15/2016 12:21:50 AM reply with quote send message to Guiding Senjis Object to Post

Basenjis a favored breed I have had an interest in since the 70's so names self explanatory, especially that I bred up from starter dogs way back when :')

Purrs _Port, my chat nick has been Purrson since I got on line about '99-2000, so it was logical when I started a second kennel.
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
1/15/2016 12:34:11 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

I have the most creative one of all as I simply took my last name and added an s to it wink ;) razz :p
 Tarot
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/15/2016 1:34:14 AM reply with quote send message to Tarot Object to Post

ALDEBERAN: Koms, 'Aldeberan' named after a star
DOGGYPANACHE: Shih Tzu prefix is 'Panache', used to have a dog apparel website called DoggyPanache.
DOGGYPANACHE: IWS are 'Tumblin' (used to be a separate kennel), from the song "Tumblin' In" (Suzy Quatro and Chis Norman) which is actually called 'Stumblin' In' LOL
FINGERPRINT: My real Dalmatian kennel name
TAROT: My real Afghan kennel name
XIZANG: Tibetans, Xizang, name of a province or a city in Tibet (can't remember)
XIZANG: Prefix 'Patchoui' for the Afghans, my favorite scent, and kind of hippie.

-----
Last edited by Tarot on 1/15/2016 1:34:52 AM

Replies in this thread : 15

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.