Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Puppy Bowl...
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/26/2016 1:33:08 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

I'm just sayin', but... you know, you really have to wonder about the person who's responsible for guessing what breeds some of these shelter pups are. The first dog shown is a "Husky-Laborador mix" and the dog is short haired and white with brindle patches.... I mean most people have a general idea of what a lab and a husky look like and this pup resembles neither! I guess they saw the blue eye and thought "husky"...

www.littlethings.com/puppy-bowl-dogs/?&utm_source=sungazing
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2016 4:56:08 AM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

I think there is a massive amount of guesswork with rescue pups sometimes, I wouldn't of thought lab or husky looking at her
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
2/11/2016 5:53:54 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

As Labs don't have white genes and Husky's and Labs don't have brindle genes I'd say it's highly improbable there's any of either breeds in this pup. She's big, she has a wall eye, so my guess is Catahoula mix, maybe she has some boxer way back (brindle colouring, or Staffordshire), very hard to tell, however I think now that there are DNA breed markers all rescues should run these tests before rehoming. I know a lady who was told her pup was Chihuahua/toy terrier mix and it grew to look like a Whippet!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.