.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Dumbo question on GCH points
 SilknT
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/3/2016 6:59:32 AM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post   

Hi people

I think my understanding of GCh points vs Ch points is incorrect - or these points have changed recently.

I thought that all dogs of your breed beaten counted towards a championship (maybe differs up in group and show placements, but I don't get there). Also thought that GCh points only came from beating champions in your breed.

So how do I explain this where I have GCH points without beating any champions of my own breed?

www.showdog.com/shows/breed_results.aspx?show=Sparrows%20All%20Breed%203&breed=Silky%20Terrier
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/3/2016 10:09:48 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I believe it's best of breed and opposit that get the GCH points, provided they are already champions. That's why your dog got points.

In order to qualify for the GCH award they must defeat another champion 3 times. This dog has done that twice so I thing he/she needs to defeat another champion once more and he/she will be a GCH.

Check the link at the bottom right of the dogs page.

And, he placed 2nd in Group, so you do get there. Congratulations.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 2/3/2016 10:12:08 AM
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 11:00:43 AM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

All dogs beaten with a BOB win count toward points, not just champions. Your dog dos have to have beaten a champion in at least three shows before becoming a GCH. Group placements do not count toward points unless your dogs gets a group 1st.
 SilknT
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 2:24:03 PM reply with quote send message to SilknT Object to Post

Thanks Gaylan and Artistri
 Simply Sporting Ltd
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/18/2016 6:05:29 AM reply with quote send message to Simply Sporting Ltd Object to Post

Group 1 placements(wins)only count for points if a class dog wins,to earn GC points it has to be at the breed level.

edited because I can't spell at 6am happy :)

-----
Last edited by Simply Sporting Ltd on 2/18/2016 6:06:48 AM
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
2/18/2016 3:09:32 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Yep – as the others have mentioned, it goes as follows:

To be awarded Points towards a CH title you need to win one of the following:

Winners Bitch/Dog
Best of Winners
Best of Opposite Sex
Best of Breed

(all of the above are from beating entries in your own breed, and the above follow AKC rules)

Best in Group (Jeff has mentioned that SD differs from AKC here and awards CH points for Group wins)

Best in Show

To be awarded Points towards a GCH title you need to win one of the following:

Best of Breed
Best of Opposite Sex

(Both of the above are in reference to entries beaten at BREED level. GCH points are not awarded for wins past Breed level. So you won’t pick up GCH points for Best in Group or Best in Show)

GCH points can be earned from beating non-champion and Champion entries within the breed.

However your dog must beat at least 1 Champion entry in three different shows, as well as picked up GCH Majors at three different shows and picked up 25 GCH points in order to be awarded with the GCH title.

AKC’s stance on GCH points beyond Breed level:
" Grand Championship Points will not be awarded for competition beyond Best of Breed or Best of Variety of Breed competition."
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2016 10:34:35 AM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post

I wonder if someone can possibly see what I am missing on this boy. I though according to the requirements, he should be a grand champion but apparently I am missing something?

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=14628322
Are the majors for grand a higher point count by chance? He has fulfilled the other requirements.

Thanks for any enlightenment!
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2016 1:54:11 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

posted by Kaleidoscope Kennels
I wonder if someone can possibly see what I am missing on this boy. I though according to the requirements, he should be a grand champion but apparently I am missing something?

www.showdog.com/users/showresults.aspx?id=14628322
Are the majors for grand a higher point count by chance? He has fulfilled the other requirements.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

He earned it today so the system might take a day or two to bump it. Happened to my bitch in another account - contact admin.

ETA this happens when we don't get show payouts or get charged for entry fees, like today for instance.

-----
Last edited by Degree on 3/23/2016 1:58:46 PM
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2016 2:42:34 PM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post

Oh thank you.

As far as not getting payouts, me thinks I have missed more than one day based on my balance. LOL Does it ever come back?

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.