Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : List of studs in inactive/basic kennels
 Reina*
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/3/2016 5:49:32 PM reply with quote send message to Reina* Object to Post   

I've given this quite a bit of thought over the years, and now that the game has really gone down in popularity, I think there's gotta be something added that lists all studs in inactive and/or in basic kennels. There are a few breeds that are altogether inactive and the only way to get into them is to start from scratch.

I feel like because this doesn't exist, this causes a "hole" in the game, that doesn't help its popularity and may cause some people to quit because of such a lack of options.

I just found an old, old stud I bred a couple of years ago and was able to breed one of my females to him to bring down the COI. (Very luckily, he was up for stud.)

I really hope someday that it will be more easy to find sales and studs and that this will not be a premium-only feature.

Then... there's the semen idea I presented over 5 years ago and that many others have presented before and since.

What's your opinion?
List of studs in inactive/basic kennels
No, because...
Neutral
Yes 100.00%
37 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 6:49:37 PM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

Yes, this would be helpful. I am trying to find any Brussels Griffons males I can so I don't get trapped with high COI.

Also, related yet unrelated, as much as putting males up for stud is considered a premium feature, I wish basics could be able to participate without having their dog reach CH (with limitations). But I suppose that would be for another suggestion board...
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 6:56:33 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I think that it would be helpful to have a list of studs in old kennels, but really the best solution for the future would be to have semen collection/frozen semen. I think that frozen semen should be the first priority when it comes to new features to the game and then the stud list.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 7:25:27 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

Artistri,

We had a big poll/discussion about the frozen sperm thing not long ago. Do you know if Jeff ever issued a ruling on it?
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 8:20:58 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I don't know... can someone maybe start a poll or ask him about it? I have been bothering him way too much with other issues lately haha
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 9:36:23 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

We already had a poll so I dont think doing another would be worth it. Let me see if I can find it and bump it.
 Reina*
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2016 10:32:08 PM reply with quote send message to Reina* Object to Post

Ah.

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=470877

He said there's four other features that are going to be implemented before this one, but that he likes the idea but doesn't know of a timeline for it.

Thanks for your votes.

Reina
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/4/2016 1:26:30 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

That was back in November though. Im trying to remember if we've had other features since then...
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/5/2016 9:37:35 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

Please. This would be so helpful.
 Double S Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/21/2016 2:07:44 PM reply with quote send message to Double S  Kennel Object to Post

I'm not in favour of the frozen semen idea but I do have a thought on the subject.

What I would like to see is a way Jeff himself could put dogs up for stud in abandoned kennels
By abandoned I'm refering to Kennels that were always basic or players who aren't active anymore but left dogs behind and the kennel has dropped to Basic and hasn't been signed into for 6 months to a year.

Also

I would love to see something similiar to the current Reclaim feature were we could rescue puppies/adults in a neglected/inactive kennel where one of our dogs is the Sire. too many good dogs are going to waste in many breeds that active players really want for their colour or Certain traits

On the other side of the coin, there are MANY current parts of the game that need fixing I really feel Jeff should work on getting those issues fixed before trying to write more code and add extra features. That could be why we still have the 3rd and 4th in Breed and don't have Selects even though it was it was proposed last year and Jeff said it would in place by the end of the month. ( He didn't tell us which Month)

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.