Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Second Grand Champion
 Xi-Chi
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/10/2016 5:42:56 AM reply with quote send message to Xi-Chi Object to Post   

So I've been back to SD since last September. I've done alright with my kennel. I can't complain. I've finished a few champions in this highly competitive breed. I've learned the every now and again a really great dog emerges. I had such a dog born in my kennel last November. I had no idea he'd be this good when he was born. He had an average SOP at the time. He didn't look like he was all that special. I knew he had some good breeding potential, but I almost didn't train him. I eventually did train him and I'm really not sure why. I may have needed some show boys at the time or something. I'm really glad I did because this "not so special" boy went on to earn his championship title in 2 days! Yep, that's right 2 days. I entered him in 2 all breed shows and 1 specialty show in those 2 days. Imagine my shock when I got the message in my inbox that he'd titled already. I continued showing him and 27 days later he earned his grand champion title. I've not had much experience with grand champions so I have no clue if that is fast or not. Now he's first in his breed so far and stands a good chance at earning a bronze medal. He will be my first dog to earn a medal. I've heard stories that such dogs emerge from kennels, but I've never seen it in action before. I'm just really proud of my boy and can't wait to see how he finishes out his show career.

-Serenity
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
2/10/2016 6:05:23 AM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

Congrats! I had something like this with my up to now only bred champ, she champed in three shows and got a third in show at the world cup. It's wonderful when it happens happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2016 6:58:29 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Congrats Serenity! Thats a very fast CH title!
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
2/12/2016 8:17:46 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats Serenity! He's been doing so well out there, and you should definitely try to go for silver GCH with him, I bet he can do it. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.