Search

.com Forum · Brags

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : FINALLY!!
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
2/13/2016 3:57:14 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post   

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14587129

i've been trying to CH this guy for a while and I'm so excited because he just got his final points!! This is my highest SOP Toller to date happy :)
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2016 6:28:39 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Congrats!!
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
2/13/2016 10:10:17 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Congrats!

If you want to get your dogs to title faster you might want to review some of your handler choices happy :)

Having a quick look at his results - the handlers you've chosen for Carlos Spann and Eileen Miller aren't the optimal choice.

Also - Pamela Geist and Helen Crippen are both Owner-handler judges - so you don't need to put handlers on those ones happy :)

Your other handlers choices for the other judges have all been good happy :) (the right choices!)

The only other thing I'd mention is that you've chosen a lot of 4th/5th handler choices which pretty much guarentees a poor result.

Each handler Judge has a certain number of decent quality handlers that they like, but you also need to remember that not all of those handlers are as highly skilled as others.

A lot of players won't even both to enter a show if they see that the top 3 handlers available for both dogs and bitches are already taken - as the judge is more likely to look at the higher skilled handlers that they like, as opposed to the lower skilled handlers that they like. Does that make sense? happy :)

For instance if you look at Edward Thomas his top 4 handlers in skilled order are: Veronica, Bob, Kristen and Yvette. Yvette is no where near as skilled as Veronica or Bob, so I wouldn't bother entering a show that is judged by Edward Thomas if I can see that Veronica, Bob and Kristen are already taken up.

Hope that all makes sense happy :)

Once you get the hang of it the number of CHs you finish will sky rocket! laugh :D
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/16/2016 8:17:54 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thanks guys - and thanks for the advice. I do my best to pick the right handlers, but often I'm too lazy to bother checking if each one is an owner handler or not...haha!

ETA: Often, I go to choose a handler and the best choices are not available anymore, so I have to go lower down the list.

-----
Last edited by Little River Kennel on 2/16/2016 8:18:33 AM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.