Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : After GCH?
 Kaleidoscope Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/28/2016 10:03:28 AM reply with quote send message to Kaleidoscope Kennels Object to Post   

I have read the help section and didn't see what one should do after attaining GCH status. Is there further designation if you keep showing?

Also, if a dog has their CH can they work on a CDX too?

Thanks for any answers!
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2016 11:21:47 AM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

There is Bronze GCH (100 points), Silver GCH (200 points), and Gold GCH (300 points). I also like to campaign my dogs for rankings in group or all-breed. You can work on obedience titles any time and can enter obedience shows in addition to conformation shows on the same day.
 Stephval Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2016 12:07:47 PM reply with quote send message to Stephval Kennels Object to Post

Yes, you can compete for levels of GCH as mentioned to get a nice badge for your dog. Or you can do what the real show dogs and their crew does - campaign. Brussels Griffons here are well liked at the group level so I'm campaigning a few in the hopes of a group win in my kennel happy :)

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.