.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Helen Crippen announces retirement
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
3/31/2016 3:26:26 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

Helen Crippen has decided to retire from judging after judging the April 2016 Maltese Nationals on 4/25/2016
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2016 10:45:45 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Already!!!!???

She's only been around a couple of months! And she prefers owner handlers. We lost Bruce Bass last month too!!!

I know it's random but that's just bad luck. sad :(
 terryterrier
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2016 10:46:56 AM reply with quote send message to terryterrier Object to Post

Luckily newbie Barbara will do as a replacement!!!
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 10:57:23 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

Relax... these OH judges didn't exist that long ago anyway. They are nice when I am too lazy to choose handlers but they aren't special - they choose the same dogs just like every other judge.
 Auchenleck
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 12:50:01 PM reply with quote send message to Auchenleck Object to Post

When you haven't a lot of time, the OH judges are very useful. And dare I say it, they seem to get higher entries than others.
 rhondacline
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 8:24:26 PM reply with quote send message to rhondacline Object to Post

this is why I would like to see limits on the judges -

Once introduced judges would be guaranteed to stick around at least.... 6 months...??

and there would be a mandatory retirement at ... 24 months ....

those are just randomly selected lengths, but you get the idea. Maybe when the currently awaited updates are complete we can have a member vote
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 8:37:02 PM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

No, I like the randomness of it... All of the crying occurs with these OH judges anyway. No tears for Jeff Dunbar over there today :P
 Artistri 2
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 9:38:12 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri 2 Object to Post

posted by Degree
No, I like the randomness of it... All of the crying occurs with these OH judges anyway. No tears for Jeff Dunbar over there today :P
I'm actually sad to see Jeff Dunbar go! He was one of the only judges that would give group wins to english setters!
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2016 10:25:41 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

You can't be serious!!!
Random?
I think not.
There at less then 1% handler free judges and the rest like small heads...pretty much.
I say we boycott the shows until we get more handler free judges...

Just kidding! laugh :D

But really, I'm rather pissed.
sad :(

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.