Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Starting my new project
 Birch Creek
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/31/2016 10:23:13 PM reply with quote send message to Birch Creek Object to Post   

Hey all!

I recently got started in another kennel, (Laikn), and I decided to go with Old English Sheepdogs. After playing for only a day, I was shocked to see that there is really only one active shower/breeder that has anything good SOP wise and she rarely, if ever has pups up for sale... I'm just shocked...

So, I started Birch Creek to start source breeding this awesome breed, to hopefully get some decent and different bloodlines back into the breed.

I'd love to gain every piece of knowledge I possibly can as I venture out on this!
 Bluff Country Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 11:07:02 PM reply with quote send message to Bluff Country Kennel Object to Post

Best of luck happy :) it's a long process
 Bordeaux Highlands
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2016 11:10:24 PM reply with quote send message to Bordeaux Highlands Object to Post

I am doing the same in this kennelhappy :)
 Laikn
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2016 8:08:17 PM reply with quote send message to Laikn Object to Post

I know it's long! I've been following other sourcies posts for weeks. Just gaining an idea... But I feel like this breed needs this, along with other breeders!
 Sourced
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2016 4:18:11 PM reply with quote send message to Sourced Object to Post

I just started recently too, glad I am not the only one. I am not using any outside studs. I have started recording milestones on my kennel page, along with dates. I brought and forever homed a few dogs in order to get a mix of traits from the start as I figured it would make it easier to breed dogs with no 20s or Os, I am not considering show shine though
 Sourced
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2016 4:19:55 PM reply with quote send message to Sourced Object to Post

I have also split my kennel runs into traits, eg bitch feet, bitch coat etc etc so I won't lose any traits along the way

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class