Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Enjoying the last of the sunny beach weather!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/12/2016 4:17:48 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post   

For those of you who know Tonks and Emmett - here are some photos I took tonight of the boys on the beach happy :)

Enjoy!

Tonks with the biggest grin ever!

Enjoying a run!

Tonks standing serenely whilst Emmett chases the sea birds further down the beach! :P (The birds were having a feeding frenzy as they had just spotted a school of fish)

This has to be one of my favourite photos! It sums up Emmett's personality so much - he is always full of life, bouncing around, being a clown! (That's him bouncing towards Tonks)

On the fly!

Emmett being a clown! (Not the best photo but still cute!)

My handsome man Tonks!

And Emmett being the 'special child' that he is :P (And yes - that's his own drool all over him!!) :P

happy :) happy :) happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2016 4:22:51 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

For those who remember Emmett's issues - he is currently doing really well!

His ataxia is only very subtle now, and he is able to run with ease! He can even jump without an issue too! (I still lift him if he's tired)

His front legs have developed a 'valgus deformity' - which developed rapidly for a few weeks, then it seems to have slowed right down (thankfully!)

As you can see in the last photo - the deformity is quite prominent but at this stage doesn't require surgical correction as it isn't causing him pain or impeding his gait. It is most noticeable when he is standing still as his forelegs stand really, really close together - to the point where it looks like he has no chest and his wrists are touching. As long as it doesn't continue to get worse - he should be fine happy :)
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2016 5:19:33 AM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

I love your handsome boys! I think Emmett might be part kangaroo xD

Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2016 5:40:24 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Hahaa - yes he is a pure bred Ridgeback - but I reckon his pedigree should have said:

1/4 Ridgeback
1/4 Vizsla
1/4 Kangaroo
1/4 Tigger (from Winnie the Pooh)

A lot of people comment that he looks like a Hungarian Vizsla - as he is very slender in the head :P
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2016 7:41:18 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Oh he's such a handsome man! Glad to hear he's doing so well.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/12/2016 8:57:20 AM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

I am amazed and so delighted to see that he's recovered so well! We were all quite worried about him. Such handsome dogs and I'm happy for you that they're healthy!
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
4/12/2016 5:34:39 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Thanks so much for the lovely comments happy :) I'm thrilled that he is doing well - I often say to myself that I could watch him run for hours happy :) happy :) happy :)
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
4/13/2016 1:49:58 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Doing amazingly well!
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2016 2:01:51 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Those pictures really show off the color of their beautiful coats! I love the Tonks close up picture! happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2016 6:39:40 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Yes - The sunlight at the beach at around 3-5pm is beautiful and it really makes the colour of their coats shine brilliantly laugh :D

The colour of Ridgies was one of the things that stood out to me when I first met the breed.
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/17/2016 9:41:28 AM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

Beautiful dogs, beautiful beach and what a lovely sight to see after his health issues.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/17/2016 11:15:01 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

So nice to hear that Emmett is doing so well. He looks so happy - worth everything it took I imagine.

Replies in this thread : 11

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.