Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Very Odd
 Apo Pugs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/27/2016 6:24:05 PM reply with quote send message to Apo Pugs Object to Post   

this post has been edited 4 time(s)

I am not able to post any links, as I tried and they broke, but basically I found a Corgi whose ancestors were Alaskan Klee Kais and Italian Greyhounds that were crossed with Corgis.

However, when I went to the Alaskan Klee Kai and Italian Greyhound's pages, it said that they had no offspring. Has anyone seen this before? It is just a glitch?
-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/27/2016 6:30:49 PM

-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/27/2016 6:31:59 PM

-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/27/2016 6:35:03 PM

-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/27/2016 6:35:45 PM
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2016 6:34:45 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Lots of broken links - I can't follow what you did....
 Apo Pugs
Basic User

Basic User
4/27/2016 6:36:14 PM reply with quote send message to Apo Pugs Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I know, sorry about that. I did not realize that the links were broken until I had already posted.

-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/27/2016 6:37:22 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/27/2016 8:36:41 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I believe there was something similar some time ago. I can't be sure but I believe way, way back there was a database issue and some data was pernmanently lost and I think at that time some of the links were lost/corrupted.

Were these old dogs? If they were it is perhaps related to this issue - I may be wrong on the cause but it has happened. If these are recent dogs, it should be looked into - shouldn't happen . . .
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2016 12:57:07 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Long ago there was a glitch where you could cross breed, but Jeff stopped that.

This sounds similar to that. Or when dogs die (in believe) the names are able to be reused so maybe that's the case?
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2016 9:45:34 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
Long ago there was a glitch where you could cross breed, but Jeff stopped that.
Whoa, I didn't know that actually happened...that's so cool! I knew about the error that Gaylan's talking about even tho I wasn't present for it, lol.

Alexandria
 Apo Pugs
Basic User

Basic User
4/28/2016 6:08:26 PM reply with quote send message to Apo Pugs Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio

Were these old dogs?
Yes, these were old dogs, from a few years back, so I do believe that this may have been the case. Another highly likely possibility is the cross breeding glitch that Treestand Kennel suggested.

-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/28/2016 6:10:45 PM
 MagicGlo
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/30/2016 1:21:44 AM reply with quote send message to MagicGlo Object to Post

At no time were dogs able to cross breed, unless it was during the beta time before the game went live on 3 Jun 2003.

IdahoLaura
 Apo Pugs
Basic User

Basic User
4/30/2016 6:13:45 PM reply with quote send message to Apo Pugs Object to Post

posted by MagicGlo: At no time were dogs able to cross breed, unless it was during the beta time before the game went live on 3 Jun 2003.
I didn't know this, thanks for pointing it out. However, the crossbred dog was born on the 10th of September in 2003.

-----
Last edited by Apo Pugs on 4/30/2016 6:14:09 PM

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.