Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Breeding Question
 Whiskey Creek Ranch
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/12/2016 9:29:36 PM reply with quote send message to Whiskey Creek Ranch Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I bred Australian Kelpies for a little while but wasn't being too persistent with it so few questions with that if someone is willing to help me out, I've tried learning it myself but keep drawing blank.

So, this is the female I'm starting with, going the hard way off the gate and starting my own line.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14819779

Below I'll link studs I'm looking at, I'd like someone if willing to explain to me which stud would be "best" and why. Please. and Thank You in advance.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14817819 -Looking at him for color and because he's source bred.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14093637 --Looking at him for color and because he's higher SOP.

Or if someone really wanted to get a headache with me here's entire list of studs, if it was your project which stud would you go with and why??

www.showdog.com/studs/breeds.aspx?breed=Cane+Corso

-----
Last edited by Whiskey Creek Ranch on 5/12/2016 9:29:59 PM
 NissaV
Basic User

Basic User
5/12/2016 9:38:32 PM reply with quote send message to NissaV Object to Post

I strongly recommend going with higher-SOP studs if you want to see visible improvements. Improvements in source dog/source dog breedings happen very slowly, but you can get good results from source/current breedings.

Looking at the list, I would personally go with this guy.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14417919

He has the highest number of traits within 1 point of 10, so he's a solid pick.

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.