Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Any interest in SD.com Decals?
 BarStar
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
6/3/2016 5:48:31 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post   

So back in the late 2000's, Jeff had a CafePress store with Showdog.com car decals for us to buy.

I kinda want one for my car. Is this something anyone else would be interested in.

Jeff said he would consider opening a new CafePress for us to get new decals. Last time, he did it at cost.

Please respond to this poll if you might get one if available.

Will
Any interest in SD.com Decals?
Yes! I want one now! 57.69%
Maybe, I would consider it. 42.31%
22 Total Votes | Votes from premium users carry more weight.
 Gypsy Fires Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2016 3:13:51 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Fires Kennels Object to Post

In order for your poll to be fair, there really should be a "no, I have no interest" option.
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/4/2016 9:05:55 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

This post is to find out if there is enough interest for Jeff to put it together.

Will
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/4/2016 9:07:15 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Also, folks with family accts please make sure you only show interest once so the count reflects the count better. Thanks!

Will
 Gypsy Fires Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2016 4:14:54 AM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Fires Kennels Object to Post

Yes, I get that the post is to see if there is enough interest. But if there isnt a "no" option, you cant tell if people are just not voting because theyre ignoring the poll versus if theyre not interested. Skews the results.
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2016 9:51:10 AM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

I agree with Gipsy Fire. Not a fair poll because there is no option for not interested. Right now you are not getting input from the whole showdog.com community, just the people who are interested.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2016 10:21:20 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Your idea is good, but your poll may not give you a true reflection of the information your seeking.

So, what if you get 50 Yes's... is that 50 Yes's vs. 10 No's (i.e. lots of interest)? 50 Yes's v. 100 No's (not as much interest)?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
6/5/2016 5:41:53 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Will,

Maybe create a new poll that has all 3 options to make it a fair poll happy :)

Then people can vote - which is what you want happy :)
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2016 4:34:05 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Agree that Not Interested has to be added to make this a valid poll unless you are just asking for a commitment to buy.

Kathy (not interested)
 BarStar
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/8/2016 2:15:28 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar Object to Post

Have you guys ever been part of a group that is putting together a t-shirt order? And the group has to have a base # of orders before they will put an order in?

So this is basically the same concept...

I was trying to find out if there were enough people interested in order for Jeff to put the effort into setting up a Cafe Press for it.

If enough people are interested, the number of people NOT interested is irrelevant.

Thanks for the input though.

Will

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.