Search

.com Forum · Portuguese Pointer

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Starting from Scratch....
 SoBre Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/7/2016 7:01:20 PM reply with quote send message to SoBre Dogs Object to Post   

With all of your current dogs at such a low SOP, yet high generational status, I have decided to have a go at breeding from starter dogs...
I hope that by bringing "new blood" into the breed, we can all benefit.

Edge of Tomorrow
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2016 7:17:59 PM reply with quote send message to Edge of Tomorrow Object to Post

Hi and welcome to the breed! laugh :D

Our SOPs are so low as we've only been working on reviving the breed since the 16th April 2016.

The 'Generations' are technically incorrect for us though - as because we are using 'current SOP males' to breed to our 1st, 2nd or 3rd Gen source girls it's actually saying the Gen is a lot higher (as it's taking into account the current high SOP male's generation - as opposed to our source generation) ... I hope that makes sense? lol - I'm not very good at explaining things, hahaa!

But anyway - most of us are on our 3rd Gen at the moment I believe.

You can find a list of the 'current' high SOP Hidden Studs (in abandoned kennels) here:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=545076

And we have a Breeder Update thread here:

www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=547970

Which we use to announce new SOPs etc.

Our breed has 4 colours:
Brown
Yellow
Brown & White
Yellow & White

Yellow & White is the most common colour in the hidden studs.

We don't have any high SOP Brown studs anymore.

We only have 1 x Brown/White high SOP stud, and 2 x Yellow.

Most of us are trying to keep some Brown source boys that are born with decent SOPs so that we don't lose the colour altogether.

Looking forward to having a new kennel in the breed! laugh :D If you need anything - feel free to post in the forum or msg any of us happy :) We're all happy to help happy :)
 SoBre Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
6/7/2016 8:30:29 PM reply with quote send message to SoBre Dogs Object to Post

Thank you. Yes, I did read the forum on the breed updates- that is what prompted me to try the breed.

By the way- this is Zipline in another kennel....hahaha

Oh, you are right in the fact that one cannot have too many kennels here! (I just got another family acct.- that makes 2 for me)...

Too much fun!

Thanks!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.