Search

.com Forum · Samoyed

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Samoyed Project
 Silivren
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/1/2016 1:33:05 PM reply with quote send message to Silivren Object to Post   

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in joining forces to help bring back the white and cream colors to show quality standards. This is a beautiful dog breed, but seems impossible to get started in unless you are willing to begin with source dogs. Even at that, the source dogs are currently going for $1,780.84 That's a huge chunk of change.

I have litters that will be born on July 5th. I may have some pups in those litters that could be show quality. I have gotten a 96.60 from the one pair before. I'd be willing to part with ones I'm not planning on using in my own program. There should be some Biscuit colored pups and the typical Biscuit and White. They should be close to or above the current show quality SOP. I have 2 white studs I put one up for anyone interested in using him.

I've almost got the Biscuit color to show quality. I think I have one or two more generations before I get there. I can't take credit for the whole project because my dogs were from Valhalla and Noveria. I'm just sort of finishing it. lol

I know we have a few breeders and I thought we could share our progress here. I'll post the pups I have available once they arrive for anyone who is interested.
 Iceridge
Basic User

Basic User
7/2/2016 11:11:06 AM reply with quote send message to Iceridge Object to Post

Hi,

I'm currently breeding white and cream sams, I started with source dogs and am up to high 40's and low 50's with a few. I'm not showing right now, just color breeding, all my studs are at $25 and I'm happy to sell my puppies for $25 too
 WishMaker
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/22/2016 3:50:31 PM reply with quote send message to WishMaker Object to Post

I've been breeding source dogs since 2006. Working on my own line and color breeding for white, cream, and biscuit. I don't have any that are quite ready to show because I'm not breeding with the current stock. I want them to be my own. Takes a lot loooooonger but it will be so worth it when I've finally caught up to the current dogs. All my dogs are in the 93% range so a little bit more and I'll be there happy :)

I don't usually put any of my dogs up for sale or up for stud as I don't want someone steal my glory that I've worked very hard to achieve so far razz :p When I've achieved my goal I will be more than happy to share my dogs then happy :)

I wish you luck and hope someone will help you with this endeavor.

WishMaker
 Taymyr
Premium Member

Premium Member
9/9/2016 6:11:29 PM reply with quote send message to Taymyr Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi, I have decided to come in and try colour breeding Sammies as well. I have just picked up one white and one cream bitch to add to my new kennel happy :)

As my funds are limited to start with I may take you up on your kind offer Iceridge, and offer a bit less for some of your coloured pups.

-----
Last edited by Taymyr on 9/9/2016 6:20:07 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.