Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Looking for a new breed! :D
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/3/2016 5:25:03 AM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post   

So I've decided to leave Harriers (even though Jaime is going to kill me!) :P

So ... I'm looking for a new breed to add!

Breeds that I'm already in:
Kooikerhondje
Swedish Vallhund
Caucasian Mountain Dog
Azawakh
Japanese Chin
Standard Schnauzer
Great Dane
Tibetan Terrier
Estrela Mountain Dog
Portuguese Pointer
South African Boerboel
Beauceron
Cane Corso
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog
Cairn Terrier

---

Breed Criteria:

#1 Criteria - MUST have Picardy Pics! laugh :D

SOP: Can be anything!

Studs: MUST be less than $150

Breeders: MUST be friendly. NO CLOSED KENNELS.

Litter size: Anything.

Colours: Not interested in colour breeding in this kennel.

laugh :D laugh :D laugh :D

Looking forward to seeing your suggestions!
 jaime1985
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2016 7:49:52 AM reply with quote send message to jaime1985 Object to Post

I'm not going to kill you xD I will miss you though sad :(

Come to Borzois we can be newbies together xD
 Wyndhaven Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2016 9:34:41 AM reply with quote send message to Wyndhaven Kennels Object to Post

Come check out Springers!
 .Alexandrite.
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2016 9:54:28 AM reply with quote send message to .Alexandrite. Object to Post

Afghans! Everybody is friendly and willing to help and studs are pretty reasonable...I don't think there's one on there over $100. I personally breed for SOP and color but there's plenty of just showing SOP kennels. And their Picardy pics are gorgeous. happy :)

Alexandria
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/3/2016 3:52:20 PM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Keeshonds - a friendly breed, no closed kennels, a few breeders have dropped out of the game, but have put up dogs for sale, so there are a lot of quality pups and adults for sale, that are not far below the top SOP. Most stud fees, including the highest SOP males are around $50. Most sales prices are $100.
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2016 7:43:56 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Thanks so much for the suggestions so far - keep them coming! laugh :D

I've decided to empty two of my kennels - so I have room for 4 breeds.

I have decided to go with Afghans and Borzoi's in one kennel, and I have decided on Boxer's in my other kennel.

So I have room for one more breed laugh :D
 Società Eccentrica
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2016 6:22:07 AM reply with quote send message to Società Eccentrica Object to Post

How about Italian Greyhounds? They'd fit your bill quite nicely. Also, top SOPs are only in the mid 92s, so there's still lot of work to do.
 CarrieCurl Too
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2016 5:04:51 AM reply with quote send message to CarrieCurl Too Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

First, what are Picardy pics?

Curly Coated Retrievers have only one kennel showing their dogs...me. There are a couple of other kennels breeding but not showing. Only 4 studs available at present.

Would love for another player to help out, even if it is only for a while.

Cheers,
Carolyn
ps. I am also Dockside and play Harriers there.....sigh, you left me too.

-----
Last edited by CarrieCurl Too on 7/6/2016 5:07:43 AM
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2016 7:07:09 AM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! laugh :D

I've decided on Boxers, English Cocker Spaniels, Borzois and Afghan Hounds happy :)

CarrieCurl - Picardy pics are the special breed pictures that one of the players on SD (Picardy) has made for the site. They are all done 100% by Picardy and she is working her way through all the breeds - including doing all of the colour varieties for each breed too. Her talent is endless!
 .Alexandrite.
Basic User

Basic User
7/6/2016 9:16:02 AM reply with quote send message to .Alexandrite. Object to Post

Yay Afghans! Welcome to the breed. happy :)

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.