Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Black and whites
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/13/2016 2:37:13 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post   

I don't know if anyone noticed that black and whites are rare. I have this dog, Willow Buff Dice Jupiter that is okay. I kept and finished him because of his color. His father is still available and has produced some decent puppies if you are interested.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14940424
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2016 3:38:11 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

I have one black and white one too if anyone is looking for this colour, I'm going to try to finish him too.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14997299
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/13/2016 10:50:31 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

As I am still fairly new to the breed, what are the most rare colors? I am mainly interested in SOP, but I have always liked to dabble in rarer colors, as well. I'm still figuring out the color coding, as well, so any help is great happy :)

Em

-----
Last edited by Amoroso on 7/13/2016 10:50:40 PM
 Grasslans**
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 12:39:34 AM reply with quote send message to Grasslans** Object to Post

Brown and white isn't a colour that is seen a lot either. I've just started in breeding the black and whites while I wait for my brown and white boy to grow up
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 8:34:20 AM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

We used to have mostly brown and tan and brown, now I find all the brown colours the hardest to come by lately.

I believe most of our colours are present and accounted for and we've seen finishable sop's in most colours now.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 11:05:21 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

If you have a parti colour and a black - of opposit sex - you can make black and white fairly easily.

I agree and believe that the makings for all of the colours are there although sometimes certain ones seem scarce.

gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 11:11:20 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I bumped up a couple of old posts that explain the colours. I did them some time ago when we first got colours. Hope it helps.

I try to bump them up every once in a while so that they don't disappear entirely (lol).
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 11:50:15 AM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

Thank you! I'll have to study that post. I noticed that the Browns were less common, as well..just trying to see where I'm at with my kennel. No rarer colors here yet! I'll look into expanding once I'm settled in.

Em
 Foxley Cockers
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 8:10:51 PM reply with quote send message to Foxley Cockers Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I went searching my kennels to see what I could find. I have a couple browns at Foxley2. And this pretty brown tri color puppy at Foxley.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=15017238

but no solid brown and whites.

Good ole Black Beach.. he's a colorful producer. He should produce brown and white.

-----
Last edited by Foxley Cockers on 7/14/2016 8:12:48 PM
 Amoroso
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/19/2016 9:47:26 PM reply with quote send message to Amoroso Object to Post

I actually have a Brown & White girl that I didn't realize I had when I commented! Lol!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14984300

I think I will at least try to incorporate some Black & Whites and more Brown & Whites in my kennel to help out, while also obviously working towards higher SOPs happy :)

Em

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.