.com Forum · Alpha Dog Forum

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Author Topic : How Many Accounts?
 Wabi-Sabi Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/13/2016 6:11:26 PM reply with quote send message to Wabi-Sabi Kennels Object to Post   

I have two standard accounts and I've been so tempted to make a third one lately..I was wondering how many standard accounts everyone else has?
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
7/13/2016 10:07:56 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 5:05:21 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

15 wink ;)
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 8:31:05 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 9:12:41 AM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

2 but I really want a third...actually I want a family account...

Alexandria
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 10:45:20 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

10. None are really active though. Going through a bit of a personal bad patch, and a bit of burn out so I'm not sure where I am going.

XiZang
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 11:26:13 AM reply with quote send message to XiZang Object to Post

I had 15, cut back to 5, but I'm finding myself adding breeds to kennels, which is a bad idea.
 Artistri
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 12:26:11 PM reply with quote send message to Artistri Object to Post

Just 2 but I wish I had more! I have 3 breeds in this kennel and 2 in my other which makes it hard.
 Little River Kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/14/2016 4:56:28 PM reply with quote send message to Little River Kennel Object to Post

1 ;P
 BarStar GSD
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 6:26:34 PM reply with quote send message to BarStar GSD Object to Post

I have 6 but my max in the past was 50.

Will
 Calibre K9
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 7:40:31 PM reply with quote send message to Calibre K9 Object to Post

Seven, but I am going to add more just as soon as I stop paying for the RL Golden Retriever service dog candidate I am buying. I need two SDs, so showdog has to wait. sad :(
 ZipLine Port. Pointers
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 8:07:21 PM reply with quote send message to ZipLine Port. Pointers Object to Post

Well- with all these accounts, it seems that the above players are funding this site! hahaha!

I am guilty of having 10 so far!
 Mustardville
Basic User

Basic User
7/14/2016 9:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to Mustardville Object to Post

okay, I have 11 and 1 free account...my daughter got me into this....I am addicted...badly.
 London Calling
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2016 1:29:51 AM reply with quote send message to London Calling Object to Post

10 of my own plus 3 i look after for players who aren't here anymore.
 Whitegold Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2016 3:15:31 AM reply with quote send message to Whitegold Kennels Object to Post

3 ... I've contemplated a family account, even have my breeds picked out.

The problem is that when I get busy I have real trouble keeping up entries. All my kennels are actively played, producing great puppies and entering shows to produce champions.

I'm interested to know how those of you who have more than 5 kennels manage to keep up?

Jessica
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 3:21:21 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Jessica,

I have 15 kennels (I'm Dalkeith - posted earlier) - and when I only had 5 kennels I was extremely active in all my kennels and was the top breeder/shower in my breeds.

Now that I have 15 kennels I have slowed down a lot on my successes - and have slipped down to the 2nd or 3rd spot in the breeders rankings from my original breeds - but to be honest it doesn't phase me at all.

Having 15 kennels means I get to work with a tonne of breeds as well as work on colour breeding projects, and source breeding revival projects with rare breeds. I'm currently working with just over 30 breeds at the moment.

As I work full time and have a life away from SD there are some days that I only have time to log in and sell sessions. But then there are other days where I get to spend hours on SD - so it balances out happy :)
 Aussiewolfsister
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2016 3:45:00 AM reply with quote send message to Aussiewolfsister Object to Post

Currently have three kennels, 2 Keeshond kennels and one Norwegian Buhund kennel. Considering getting a fourth kennel for Norwegian Elkhounds and maybe Samoyeds.
There is a pattern there ... LOL... I love the spitz breeds!
 BarStar Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 4:53:00 AM reply with quote send message to BarStar Goldens Object to Post

Jessica - you will find a balance. And when one kennel is doing so so... having another one that does well can help keep you engaged.

I just try a different # of kennels and breeds. After a few weeks, I can tell which ones I will enjoy and how much time I want to put into it.

Right now, 5 is working well for me and the breeds keep me interested.

Will
 London Calling
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2016 8:52:13 AM reply with quote send message to London Calling Object to Post

posted by BarStar Goldens
Jessica - you will find a balance. And when one kennel is doing so so... having another one that does well can help keep you engaged.

I just try a different # of kennels and breeds. After a few weeks, I can tell which ones I will enjoy and how much time I want to put into it.

Right now, 5 is working well for me and the breeds keep me interested.

Will

Very true happy :)

In my case with 10, 3 of them are colour project breeding only kennels so don't have to sign in every day if I don't have time. I usually average 4 times a week and they are set at full salary-no sessions.

I'm an insomniac and am currently not working for health reasons so I'm lucky and have tons of hours to play with these guys, I'm often checking show results, switching food etc @ 3am.
 Lace Dreams
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 5:14:34 PM reply with quote send message to Lace Dreams Object to Post

I barely keep up with two kennels with 3 breeds total, lol. I honestly can't imagine having several family accounts. I feel like if I did have a bunch of accounts, I'd try to have a whole ton of color breeding projects and end up hating every breed. I have a very short attention span and if I manage to keep a breed for more than a month, then I'm literally keeping it forever (Dachshunds I've been in for 4 years, Afghans for 2 years, and PBGVs for 3 months).

Alexandria
 me__0021
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/17/2016 1:30:21 AM reply with quote send message to me__0021 Object to Post

Thanks everyone for the insightful comments. When I first started playing SD I was at uni full time, and surprisingly had plenty of time. When I graduated and started working I couldn't keep up with my one kennel, so I quite playing.

I cam back about 2 years ago and gradually added to my original kennel. But just couldn't work out how to have more than three. I think I understand now how some of you cope!

My biggest fear is when I have to go away, because you have to keep up with entries, but it is so difficult to find someone to do them!

Jessica

Replies in this thread : 22
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing