Search

.com Forum · Azawakh

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Saving the "Older" bloodlines
 Desert Nomad Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/16/2016 2:55:34 PM reply with quote send message to Desert Nomad Dogs Object to Post   

Here is a thought for the future...For Azawakh

If you want to make room for the better upcoming dogs, I was thinking that next month (August) I may open a kennel to put the "old timers" in and that way the breeders would have some older lines to fall back on in case we run into an undesirable trait that gets locked in.

What do you think about that idea?

If everyone is good with this idea, I would need a good kennel name for it.
 Amadror
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 3:26:23 PM reply with quote send message to Amadror Object to Post

I'd happily donate older studs if nobody wants to continue their show careers.

Desert Nomad Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 3:33:57 PM reply with quote send message to Desert Nomad Dogs Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thank you, Amadror...Just be sure to keep them until the first week of August!

-----
Last edited by Desert Nomad Dogs on 7/16/2016 3:34:31 PM
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 10:43:52 PM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

I like it. We've had COI issues in the past and I wish we'd had something like that then. And now is def the time to start one with so many dogs and new lines branching off.

I'll happily donate a few older studs too.
 Desert Nomad Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2016 11:30:12 PM reply with quote send message to Desert Nomad Dogs Object to Post

Thanks, AdvoKat!

I will also be placing some of mine that may not have the best SOP, but do have lower feet numbers in the new kennel as well when they are of use for stud!

The breed seems to be getting better on the feet!

I am thankful to those who have helped or will be helping to get this going!

Any ideas on a name for this project? Here are a few of my (bad) ideas for a name...lol

Old Timers Azawakh?
Tumbleweed Azawakh
Recycled Hounds?

Desert Nomad Dogs
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2016 11:37:36 AM reply with quote send message to Desert Nomad Dogs Object to Post

OK- Here is another idea....

Since you all have a small amount of studs, and they do make money for your kennel, why don't we start a kennel with all older bitches- ones that would be FH'ed ....

We could send then to that kennel, and they would be there until they either die, or they would be bought by any newbies to the breed...

I would place them up for sale (on approval), to anyone....Basics would be limited to one or two, until they prove to be in for the long haul- so that the bitches are not lost .

The bitches would be sold at 25 to 50 dollars due to age.(on offers).

Any thoughts on this idea?
  Bedouin Azawakh
Basic User

Basic User
7/18/2016 9:20:16 AM reply with quote send message to  Bedouin Azawakh Object to Post

Desert Nomad here-

This is the new Azawakh kennel...

If anyone has any older dogs that they no longer want or whatever, I will buy them.

Replies in this thread : 6

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.