Search

.com Forum · Azawakh

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Azawakh Colors
 Desert Nomad Dogs
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/16/2016 11:48:42 PM reply with quote send message to Desert Nomad Dogs Object to Post   

Hey

I was just looking around and noticed that our breed may be in danger of loosing the Brindle color line:

Brindle 10%
Fawn 45%
Red 45%
 Supernatural85
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2016 6:14:48 AM reply with quote send message to Supernatural85 Object to Post

The stats on the Azawakh page are way out, I would say actually, most of my dogs are brindle
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2016 6:34:44 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Agreed with Supernatural, Brindle is actually our most common colour.

Looking at the dogs in my kennel at the moment:

Brindle - 33
Fawn - 12
Red - 7

And looking at the studs that we have up at the moment:

Brindle - 20
Fawn - 13
Red - 11

I'm fairly sure that the % stats on the breed page was determined by users when Jeff first brought colours into play on the game. I'm fairly sure everyone voted for what percentages of each colour that they wanted - and thats what was created.
 AdvoKat
Basic User

Basic User
7/17/2016 9:20:09 AM reply with quote send message to AdvoKat Object to Post

Brindle is very dominant. I constantly struggle with keeping my brindle numbers down.

Those percentages are the how the colors among starter dogs are divided, unless you choose a specific colour. It came into play mostly when colours were first introduced.

It would be kind of neat if it represented current colours though. I would be curious to see what current percentages would be.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.